Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Bath Fitter?

nova mc, I'm like you.....I'm not interested in doing something for a potential buyer.  Houses are selling for nothing these days so you won't get that money back fully.  (If you can even sell it).  

The master bathroom has a green jacuzzi and green toilet.  The vanity is a creamy white.  In a few months I'm changing the toilet to match the vanity.  Although this is the prettiest bathroom, no one but us go in it.  We never use the jacuzzi; too much water and noise but it's pretty.

The bathroom that I'm redoing is the guest bath and I consider it MY bathroom cause my stuff is in there.  Hubby doesn't like my "stuff "on the counter in the master, lol.  So 'my' bathroom is going to be white from bath fitter with a white toilet.  The tile in bathroom is a muted pink and gray so I'm going to change out the old vanity top which gray and white marble to white with pink or gray marbling in it to pick up the gray tiled floor.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Yes, bathrooms are "personal", aren't they?  Enjoy yours.  (I don't appreciate my husband's stuff in the bathroom, but know better than to complain.)

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

nova mc, I'm like you.....I'm not interested in doing something for a potential buyer.  Houses are selling for nothing these days so you won't get that money back fully.  (If you can even sell it).  

The master bathroom has a green jacuzzi and green toilet.  The vanity is a creamy white.  In a few months I'm changing the toilet to match the vanity.  Although this is the prettiest bathroom, no one but us go in it.  We never use the jacuzzi; too much water and noise but it's pretty.

The bathroom that I'm redoing is the guest bath and I consider it MY bathroom cause my stuff is in there.  Hubby doesn't like my "stuff "on the counter in the master, lol.  So 'my' bathroom is going to be white from bath fitter with a white toilet.  The tile in bathroom is a muted pink and gray so I'm going to change out the old vanity top which gray and white marble to white with pink or gray marbling in it to pick up the gray tiled floor.

You could do a white counter top with pink and gray accessories, so the toilet, tub, and counter match, while you may change the floor as time and money goes.  That way you aren't tied to one color with your counter top and can change the flooring int he future if it is damaged or you are just tired of it and not have to match the counter in a few years that may not be an easy match with current current trends of the time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, in the old days wives and husbands had separate rooms and bathrooms, even on separate sides of the house. Those marriages lasted a long time. There might be something in that!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'll also mention that my mom and dad have been in separate rooms for the past 6 or 7 years. They sleep better, and my sister and I don't hear them fussing about who woke who up with my mom's alternating work schedule,an RN, or whose snoring is the loudest! They also have separate baths.
Honored Contributor

We did a total of 5 bathrooms with Bathfitters.  2 were in a house we no longer live in, 2 were in a house that suffered major damage in Hurricane Sandy and 1 is in an apartment we still have.  The first 4 were done by the same crew.  Overall I was fairly satisfied but they were far from cheap.  We used 2 of them for about 4 years and I have to say, they didn't age as well as I'd hoped they would.  I used the prescribed cleaners but found they were not easy to keep sparkling clean. In this case, Sandy did us a favor as the bathrooms were replaced.

The apartment bathroom was done by a different crew, as it was another state.  The workmanship was not nearly as good and I have to say 6-ish years later I think it looks bad.  It is not our primary residence, so it only gets a fraction of the wear and tear. I'm ready for a complete redo, this time by a contractor, not Bathfitters.

New Contributor

My mom sells bath fitters. She said it's one day installation. Seamless walls. Lifetime warranty. 

She also said any existing mold or mildew is removed before the liner goes in. It's sealed so it can't return.

She honestly believes in this product.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss

Lol, we're having similar decorating thoughts.  Over the weekend, I went and chose a sculptured onyx vanity sink top that's white with a gray swirl called London Fog.  The gray is suddle.  I'm going to use pink accents but as you said I can also use other color accent colors.

I had to laugh at your comments about married couples having separate bedrooms.  It happens more than we know.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@lulu2

Yes, that is a concern I have but at 68, I don't even know if I'll be here 8 or 10 years from now.  Actually, I'd love to be in a nice senior independent living set up.  Husband won't go for it, though.  

We we have a shower surround that was done by Bath Fitters in 2007 and it looks good.  Walls are in excellent shape and no mold.

I'm just hoping a tub has good results, too.

Honored Contributor

@loves2bake

Thanks so much for the encouraging words from your mother.  I truly believe that if you get the right installer, the end result will be excellent.  As I mentioned in a prior post, I've used them before but I was hoping more people would chime in with more recent work done.  I've gotten enough info from here and other places to make the decision to go forth with this.  Thanks loves2bake.