Honored Contributor

Has anyone bought a battery operated Plow and Hearth piece?

I would like to know how the battery life holds up on their products. I'm trying to avoid having to return an item if I have to recharge batteries in it every few days.

As Valerie will at least say X amount of hours of glow tim, for example, the Plow and Hearth products I watched during the presentations didn't mention anything other than the type of batteries and how many...so it makes me leery.

I have browsed through several of P&H products on the Q, but solor powered products don't count...LOL

I don't see any other B/O pieces so I can make a wise decision...

Anyone? TIA Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought a battery operated Plow and Hearth piece?

@Susan Louise wrote:

I would like to know how the battery life holds up on their products. I'm trying to avoid having to return an item if I have to recharge batteries in it every few days.

As Valerie will at least say X amount of hours of glow tim, for example, the Plow and Hearth products I watched during the presentations didn't mention anything other than the type of batteries and how many...so it makes me leery.

I have browsed through several of P&H products on the Q, but solor powered products don't count...LOL

Anyone? TIA Smiley Happy

Call their customer service and ask, Susan Louise.  It should have been mentioned.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Anyone? TIA Smiley Happy

Call their customer service and ask, Susan Louise.  It should have been mentioned.

@mousiegirl Thanks...I needed that push to call CS I guess. I've done that in the past for other B/O products with no luck since the reps would just read to me what is in the description under the product online.

This time it was worth the call. I told the rep I was interested in the Plow & Hearth H205964 angel. The rep told me that if the battery life didn't last at least a week before having to recharge/change the batteries, to send it back and the S&H changes will also be reumbursed. She put that in my acct to make sure that it was 'written in stone', so to speak. I was happy with that resolution...although 2 weeks would have been better. At least if I get the angel and it only stays lit for a few hours...or just a day or two before the light goes out, I can return it at no cost other than gas & time.

I REALLY don't need this angel, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I loved the presentation of it...the rustic look and charm...the stone church and her hooded robe in a vintage deep rustic red with gold/brown trim. I like the look of it much better than VPH's H205351...

I'm happy now and I'll post on how the battery life is Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Anyone? TIA Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl Thanks...I needed that push to call CS I guess. I've done that in the past for other B/O products with no luck since the reps would just read to me what is in the description under the product online.

This time it was worth the call. I told the rep I was interested in the Plow & Hearth H205964 angel. The rep told me that if the battery life didn't last at least a week before having to recharge/change the batteries, to send it back and the S&H changes will also be reumbursed. She put that in my acct to make sure that it was 'written in stone', so to speak. I was happy with that resolution...although 2 weeks would have been better. At least if I get the angel and it only stays lit for a few hours...or just a day or two before the light goes out, I can return it at no cost other than gas & time.

I REALLY don't need this angel, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I loved the presentation of it...the rustic look and charm...the stone church and her hooded robe in a vintage deep rustic red with gold/brown trim. I like the look of it much better than VPH's H205351...

@Susan Louise

Am I understanding that you sometimes use rechargable batteries in you lit items?

If so, do they only last in most things for a couple of weeks when used on timer?

I was considering trying some rechargables again, it's been many years since I did, but I'm not sure having to empty things out each week or two would make it worth my time. 

Thanks for any info/experience you have with this.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Anyone? TIA Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Am I understanding that you sometimes use rechargable batteries in you lit items?

If so, do they only last in most things for a couple of weeks when used on timer?

I was considering trying some rechargables again, it's been many years since I did, but I'm not sure having to empty things out each week or two would make it worth my time. 

Thanks for any info/experience you have with this.

@Mominohio  DH buys all our batteries through EBay...the brand name is Eneloop. For us, they are quality rechargeable batteries. Most we have had for several years. A good habit to get into with rechargeable batteries is to remove the batteries ASAP when you see them either go dead/hardly working. When batteries are left in decor or other type of products for too long after they have stopped working, you risk being able to recharge them again.

If a rechargeable battery too low, most battery charging stations can't recharge them properly. In other words, and for example, when you see a Luminara candle start the dance of 'change my battery', at least take the batteries out so they don't get drained, or at least shut off the candle til you have time to take the batteries out to recharge them. The bottom line is, just don't keep dead/dying batteries in anything too long afterward unless you have at least shut 'whatever it is' off until you can recharge the batteries.

I can understand that we are all busy and it's hard to remember to check to see when the batteries stop working to change them. I am just saying this so as if you or anyone else wants to use rechargable batteries, this is a good habit to maintain to help extend the life of the rechargeables. Some of our rechargeables we got back in 2009 and 2010 and still going strong. We also use a black permanent marker to put the date on each the batteries whenever we get new ones...HTH Smiley Happy