Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Bought England Furniture Leather Sectional or Sofa Our Experience Not So Good

I think if there weren't at least some slight variations in the leather texture and color you'd be looking at faux leather...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Else Bought England Furniture Leather Sectional or Sofa Our Experience Not So Good

Furniture quality aside, remember when you are dealing with Natural items, be it leather, stone, wood, granite, etc. there will be deviations. If you do not want that go with a man made product. I love the subtle differences in my cabinets and countertops, they are unique only to me.

Contributor

Well, I contacted BBB online for my husband. They sent me an email they contacted the store. Sometimes it helps to get help. He asked me to go ahead and contact them online since he saw the light faded looking streak across the chaise cushion and one smaller across the back attached chaise cushion as well. I did not catch those on my initial examination. If I had seen those along with the scratch mark on chaise cushion I would have stopped delivery and had sent back immediately. But that in conjunction with the pierced/scratch mark at corner of chaise cushion and scuff at chaise base is just too many defects for a factory made brand new leather sectional and we are not so certain any of those are natural. Initially, my husband wanted to have them pick up entire sectional day of delivery after seeing the pierced mark in the cushion I now wish I had let him. The customer svs at manufacturer said it had to be a hole for them to replace. Anyway, I am the one that wanted to give the store a chance to take care of it but with the run around and delays I am realizing my husband is right. At this point I agreed with my husband in contacting the BBB so we could at least get some help. The BBB Raleigh NC is who I contacted online in case anyone wants to know. It is not hard to do. A form came up I filled it in. Our form asked if he was military and he was and if he was DOD employee and he is and wanted to know his grade. It asked for a brief description and then a little longer one. Not hard really. They send you an email. Later they will contact you to see if all is cleared up.

New Contributor

KSCMom -- I've been following your thread and I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this problem. I work in a very large home furnishings store and we sell millions of $$$ worth of furniture every year ... much of it is leather. It's unfortunate that you're struggling to get the attention of your store and the product manufacturer to review the problem and take care of it. That should not be happening. You appear to have a valid concern and you should take your concern to the store manager. They should get a qualified leather technician to your home to see the product first-hand. Please don't think that all furniture stores operate this way. Our company is tops in customer service (we were rated higher than Nordstroms in our city) and I know your furniture store could be handling this situation better.

Contributor

Thanks 2karat . I wish I had learned more about leather before my purchase. Hope this helps others out. I have been reading online about leather and have learned quite a bit. Next leather purchase...and we will buy more but not at that store and not England Furniture....I will now know what to ask about it and what to look for when it comes in. Not all leather is the same.

Super Contributor

Lazy Boy's mechanisms are among the best. However the worst wear of fabric I have ever encountered was on a Lazy Boy couch. The fabric literally wore off. The couch wasnt that old and the fabric wore off on the seat cushions, the foot rests and arms, anywhere your body touched it. Unfortunately the fabric wasnt under a warranty. We had subsequently looked at leather recliners at lazy. Boy and i happened to mention the couch fiasco to the sales person who commented they had had issues with certain fabrics which were no longer used.
Contributor

Because all of you were so great to respond to my post I wanted to update you on what is taking place. We spotted a light colored streak across the chaise cushion (also on back cushion but chaise cushion covers it up) so I sent the furniture store those photos of those defects and now they have all that we spotted. We were told that the England Furniture sales rep to the their store would contact someone in a higher position at England. I guess that did take place because we just received a call from the store's sales mgr that sold the sectional to us and he told us that England was going to make two more covers for chaise and corner seat cushion as well. He told us that they will be shipped to their store and that they will bring them out to put them on for us. Well, that is ok with us since it took us forever to agree on a style and color my husband and I both liked and I did not want to start over. I do not know if the leather will be from same dye lot or not but the salesman claimed that it will match so I am hoping it is the case. I realize replacing the leather covers not the entire sectional saves England money but I am praying that the leather matches so I do not have to go searching for another sectional or leather sofa and chaise. I have learned that sometimes when it comes to leather you have to pay more to get quality and in future I will do that. Also, it is good idea to read up about leathers and ask or do research online what is used on the one you want to order or buy. In this process I have learned a lot I did not know about leather. Same goes to frames, warranties, etc. Basically, ask questions before ordering or buying.

Honored Contributor

It's like you need to predict every scenario that could go wrong and find out the stores policy before you consider buying. Hope the new pieces workout.
Contributor

DO NOT BUY ENGLAND FURINTURE OR LAZYBOY. I know I never will. The furniture stores salesman called said we would get new sofa cushions or covers. Well the young man that came out to inspect & tk photos came out with a small box. I was thinking that cannot be cushions & if it were covers they must have crammed them in that small box. The later is what was in the box. He took out the two cushion covers from that tiny box and they were so wrinkled. He took a photo. I laughed. I told him that those covers were unacceptable. It was like cheapo England Furniture thought we would accept their leather covers that were wrinkled. I tell you folks I would stay away from England Furniture who is owned by LazyBoy. The president of LazyBoy is the president of England Furniture Company. What they should have done is to offer to order a new sectional to be thoroughly inspected by someone in a management position and send that out to us & pick up this one. Instead they are playing the run around with us and playing us as fools. I contacted BBB Raleigh NC but have yet to hear from them. No phone call just an email stating they contacted the manager at Furniture Distributors in Havelock. Then I went to put a comment on BBB England Furniture who is not a member of BBB. I did not put in a complaint....yet. But I am thinking about going ahead and doing so. I noticed another complaint on BBB on England Furniture that another customer placed in reference to a defected fabric on their upholstered sofa. Well, looks like I am stuck with a terrible sectional that has a light streak & puncture on the chaise cushion and one corner cushion that has a lot of raised lines in the leather which are natural defects that are all over the leather but that one corner cushion has a lot of them which looks bad. I will not accept anything less than a total replacement but I guess they do not want to keep us as customers. All I can do is put in complaint into BBB on England Furniture and post online every site online that I can what a horrible company they are. My next step is to post photos and my experience on Facebook. I hope that this company goes out of business they are not a reputable company at all.

Honored Contributor

Last fall we were going to do a little modest updating with our living room furniture. I already knew what I wanted for chairs, but not for the sofa. We didn't want to spend a lot of money since we more or less needed furniture to just update the room, we really don't send much time in there actually using the furniture. With the chairs already picked out, the salesman showed us a few sofas and it happened to be an England by Lazy Boy that we ended up buying. We're quite happy with our purchase. When it was all delivered, it looked fine. After the delivery guys left we noticed a problem with the legs on one of the chairs being bent. I called the store and they had me forward pictures. They had a new chair delivered the following week. No complaints here.