Respected Contributor

Was anyone else taken aback by the number of paintings that Harry Slatkin  has hangng on the walls of his home?  While watching the show with Shawn I counted 9 paintings on he the walls in a small area (probably less than 100 square feet).. I found them distracting as a viewer. I was also not a fan of the decor.  

Super Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin home

[ Edited ]

Let me see this is Laura and Harry's home. They obviously like the paintings and their Decor......they obviously chose it. Why would you criticize somebody's house that they obviously love ......how petty

Honored Contributor
Seriously?
If I had his money I would be a huge art collector.
Respected Contributor

This is so funny!  I needed a laugh today.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

What a gorgeous home they have.  Maybe they will hire you to be their decorator at their next home.

Respected Contributor

I suppose Harry's house is large enough he can share any room he wants with the QVC audience.  Maybe he wants to share the artwork with the world.  

It is great we get a glimpse inside a  $25 million dollar home since it is not anything most of us will be able to afford.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

What a gorgeous home they have.  Maybe they will hire you to be their decorator at their next home.

It might be too late to apply for that job.  They have two other homes that are already furnished.

Link removed due to political ad

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

an abundance of art tops pretty much anything else you might use to fill space in a room

aside from the Slatkins choices, I’ve been loving the libraries so many of our TV journalists have chosen for their broadcast backgrounds.

as I work toward a downsizing move, it’s my books and art that I’m saddest to have to leave behind.  Everything else I can replace or even live without.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

It might be too late to apply for that job.  They have two other homes that are already furnished.

@RoughDraft :  I am sure.....very tongue in cheek.

Honored Contributor

I would also fill a wall with art if I could afford it.  I guess I need to get into the expensive candle business.