Esteemed Contributor

We're having someone come tomorrow for an estimate to refinish our living and dining room floors.  I don't have any idea of what a good price would be.  Anyone have this done recently? The floors are in pretty good shape.  The area is relatively large. Last time we had it done was about 15 years ago!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

Re: Hardwood floor refinishing

I will be refinishing mine in the fall - have not gotten estimate yet - but they have newer machines now they use during the sanding process that are better at containing the dust so try to find a company who has them Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@Gsmom wrote:
I will be refinishing mine in the fall - have not gotten estimate yet - but they have newer machines now they use during the sanding process that are better at containing the dust so try to find a company who has them Smiley Happy

most definitely will have to be dustless.  

Contributor

I just got mine estimated for living room and dining room.  He said they were in the best shaped he has seen.  The dining room is already done but to match the living room (right next to eachother) he would have to do the dining room also.  The quote was $756.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just had our done two weeks ago for first time in 25 years.  We paid $3.75 per sq ft.  We had a total of 278 1/2 sq ft. Total cost was $1044.38.  They used a dustless system, but still had a little dust settle on window sills.  We also moved all the furniture ourselves.

Esteemed Contributor

Quoted $1000 for living room dining room and 6 stairs to bedroom level.  Seemed fair. 

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Quoted $1000 for living room dining room and 6 stairs to bedroom level.  Seemed fair. 

That sounds very reasonable, especially with stairs, as those are more labor intensive.  I hope you enjoy your "old/new" floors as much as we have.  We changed our color and what a difference it has made.  But alas, now we have to rethink the color of our baseboards.