Honored Contributor

Hanging Curtains in Oddly Shaped Spaces

What do you think of the way they hung the curtains in this room?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hanging Curtains in Oddly Shaped Spaces

I don't like it.  I would have hung the bottom curtain rod under the top curtains.  Then, if that did not look proper, I would ask my ID sister what to do but to me, this looks like someone who did not have enough money to buy a properly designed set of curtains.

Respected Contributor

I would have hung a cafe curtain right at the top of the window, inside the nook.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Must admit that I have never seem an arrangement like this, but I don’t like it.  It seems a dark fabric too.

Respected Contributor

Can't say I like it but it may be necessary to block the sun and darken the room for sleeping.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it at all. 

I would have put something individually on each window or hung something straight from the ceiling.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono , I would have put a plantation shutter in here.  The curtain in use hides the architectural beauty of the window.  If I had to do curtains, I would hang them right above the window, tucked in to hit the window frame.  Shutters would definitely be my preference.  I have almost no curtains in my house and I have come to love the shutters.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I have never seen a design like that but I don't care for it. I think I would have done a huge valance to cover the top and run floor to ceiling drapery on the sides. Either that or sheers floor to ceiling and drapery floor to ceiling and a scalloped valance to reach that divider line. I think the deep color emphazies the odd window. It needs to be hung differently so it takes your eye to the side instead of the center. 

Honored Contributor

No

Respected Contributor

INNOVATIVE!