Trusted Contributor

Handy little scrubber - Dremel Versa

Recently, I discovered an item called the Dremel Versa (Dremel makes quality tools, like drills).  It is a rechargeable handheld scrubber that has made my life so much easier.  It is a solid piece of equipment, not some shoddy little tool that will quickly fail.  It comes with several different scrubbing pads and the one I use the most is the blue one - non-scratching.  I purchased 2 extra 3/pks just so I would have plenty on-hand (although they do last a long time).  I have major arthritis problems so my hands just don't work they way the did in the past (can't even open a jar anymore with just my hands - I need a tool to do so).  And my back is so bad I can't stand or bend for any length of time to scrub areas that need extra attention.  This tool has solved those problems.  Scale in the shower, scuffs on the floor, rust, etc. all come off in a matter of seconds (I also use with it a paste of Bar Keeper's Friend & vinegar water).  It cost about $50 on Amazon and was well worth the investment.  If you could use some help scrubbing this little tool is worth a look.  It is not heavy, but is strong and solid.

Have you found any handy item that helps solve a problem?

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Re: Handy little scrubber - Dremel Versa

@Havarti  Thanks!  I saw the commercial for this and thought it was something I might like to help with my arthritic hands.  I have so many devices and things that never really worked to be of any real help.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook 

I totally know what you are saying.  If only I had a dime for every "tool" I purchased to make life easier only to find it was a worthless waste of money.  This one is different - at least for me.  I also saw the commercial and was intrigued and paid more attention because I know Dremel does make quality tools.  Still, I was expecting to be disappointed and I was pleasantly surprised.  That is exactly why I thought I would pass along my positive experience.  There is so much "******" out there...this one is a quality diamond just waiting to be discovered.

Trusted Contributor

@Havarti 

Thanks for the posting the recommendation; I’ve been hoping to find something like this but, have been wary since so many “gadgets” I have tried have not been worth the money or saved me time or pain.  

Trusted Contributor

@trenet 

I hear you!  This one was a pleasant surprise and now that I have used it I would have paid more for it.  I have paid for so many that I just tossed out as worhtless...this one was well worth my money.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Havarti  Thanks for posting this.  I've been wanting some sort of a scrubber.  My DH has a Dremel drill and I think Dremel is a good name.  

I am going to check this one out.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Frequent Contributor

@Havarti I asked DH to get me one for Christmas.  I had carpal tunnel surgery on one hand and still need to have the other one done.  I asked him to get it to help me with scrubbing.  It is a beefy tool and the srubber pads are good for scrubbing things like the tub/shower, pots/pans (I scrubbed the bottom of one just to get some of the build up off of it) and a bunch of other things.  It really helps me with the scrubbing.

Honored Contributor

So far I don't need an electric scrubber but it good to know that one is out there.  I really like the Scrub Daddy or Scrub Mommy.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 

I love both of those, too!  I use them all the time for the stuff I still have the strength for these days and now the Dremel Versa helps pick up where the extra elbow grease is needed but I no longer have it to give.  I hope you never need it, but if you do (or know someone who might need it) it is good to know there are quality options available to help us get the job done easily.

Trusted Contributor

@Havarti   I bought one and I really like it.  I used it on the tub and I was pleased with the results.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~