Frequent Contributor

My former MIL made me many chevron pattern afghans. All are gone now but I am wondering if anyone knows here I could find some nice used ones. I found one at a yard sale and look at thrift shops but not much luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handmade crocheted afghans

In my area I usually see them at yard sales (excellent condition, $5).

Honored Contributor

@kjayr If you have any yarn shops in your area, you might check with them. They may have a source for you or they might know of a consignment shop that sells them.

Esteemed Contributor

Thrift shops like Goodwill and ReStore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kjayr wrote:

My former MIL made me many chevron pattern afghans. All are gone now but I am wondering if anyone knows here I could find some nice used ones. I found one at a yard sale and look at thrift shops but not much luck.

@kjayr  The last afghan I made about 25+ years ago was in a chevron pattern. I would never consider selling it though. It covers a queen size bed. It would be a rare day someone would pay me what I feel it is worth due to the hours I worked on it alone. Even if I was paid minimum wage, it would be a few thousand dollars minimum. It's rare anyone really appreciates their real value anymore.

P1500763.JPG

Frequent Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@kjayr If you have any yarn shops in your area, you might check with them. They may have a source for you or they might know of a consignment shop that sells them.

Great idea!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  that's a gorgeous afghan, you are quite skilled.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@kjayr wrote:

@kjayr  The last afghan I made about 25+ years ago was in a chevron pattern. I would never consider selling it though. It covers a queen size bed. It would be a rare day someone would pay me what I feel it is worth due to the hours I worked on it alone. Even if I was paid minimum wage, it would be a few thousand dollars minimum. It's rare anyone really appreciates their real value anymore.

P1500763.JPG

So beautiful @Susan Louise , love the colors you chose !

Frequent Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@kjayr wrote:

P1500763.JPG

Wow, that is beyond chevron! Thanks for sharing that masterpiece. Congrats on being an amazing talent!

Honored Contributor

I bought a brand new afghan in colors perfect for my decor on eBay for $20.  It would have cost me double that to make it myself.  I imagine you could also find them on Etsy.  Places like Goodwill would surely also have them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment