Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Too visible for car thieves (the ones that will break your window(s) and/or open your unlocked door).

@Mz iMac 

This is for while you're driving.  She explains it all in the blog. It's good reading.  How is a thief going to grab it while you drive?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Handbag holder for car

[ Edited ]

I personally can't handle things like this strapped on and around seats, head rests etc. I find it cluttering and annoying. 

I don't have issues with my purse in the car. If I'm alone it is in the passenger seat or on the passenger floor, and if I have a front seat rider, it's on the floor between the seats in the back, which I can easily reach if I need to, without looking or stopping. I keep my phone on the dash, have a bottle of water in the center console, and really don't need access to my purse when driving. 

Edited to add

And about fading a handbag in the sun......lets just say I don't even begin to own a bag that I'd ever worry about that happening. I guess I just don't experience any of the issues the blogger seems to have! LOL

Honored Contributor

On the seat next to me is my "handbag holder". It's free and practical. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one. When I have a passenger I have to put my purse on the backseat.

Honored Contributor

I would never put anything like that in my car.  

I put my handbag on the passenger seat while I'm driving.  If my husband is driving, I just keep my handbag on my lap.  Handbags never go on the floor in the cars.  Ever.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I put my handbag on the passenger seat while  driving.  If my husband is driving, I just keep my handbag on my lap.

What do you do if you are driving and you have a passenger?

My car is very clean, I keep my handbag on the floor to the left of my left foot, against the door.   I've never had a problem.   I can't reach in the backseat comfortably.

I don't put my handbag on the floor anywhere in public.  But my car is clean.   I have carpet with a Weather-tech type of mat.

Just to clarify, I don't care for that sling between the seats.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the problem and the solution is very unattractive.

Yes, I read the blog.

People have to fill their blog.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I put my handbag on the passenger seat while  driving.  If my husband is driving, I just keep my handbag on my lap.

What do you do if you are driving and you have a passenger?

My car is very clean, I keep my handbag on the floor to the left of my left foot, against the door.   I've never had a problem.   I can't reach in the backseat comfortably.

I don't put my handbag on the floor anywhere in public.  But my car is clean.   I have carpet with a Weather-tech type of mat.

Just to clarify, I don't care for that sling between the seats.

If I have a passenger, I'll put it on the back seat.  My car is clean too.  I don't even put it on the floor in my home.  I pay a lot of money for my handbags and they last me years. 

My sister keeps her bag there.  One time her bag got tangled up in her driving foot. 

Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

No -- I did not read the blog.  Sorry for trying to be helpful.

@judy0330  I learned not to post on the threads of the op for the scolding reason.

Honored Contributor

dont care for the look of the "purse hammock."

my purse goes on the passenger seat, the passenger side floor of the car, or the backseat......the front two choices preferred.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein