Valued Contributor
On 8/29/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Thought of you today, OP - went to Hobby Lobby, and voila! They had the CUTEST Halloween ceramic plates! Either 40% or 50% off, too!!

No way??!?! I didn't think Hobby Lobby ever carried anything for Halloween! I even asked an employee last year and she said no Halloween, just harvest. Thank you!! Thank you! I'm there tomorrow. Smiley Happy)
Valued Contributor
I went today and they did have a Halloween section!!! Smiley Happy)) They just had salad plates but they were the cutest I've seen!
Occasional Contributor

Have you looked at Cracker Barrel? Just a thought.

Good luck,

Love Memaw

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I bought some wonderful Halloween plates at Walgreen's. They're very nice--not plastic!

Respected Contributor

You'd think those would be more popular.

Some suggestions:

Melamine haunted theme plates Very Halloween, say Happy Halloween

Rachael Ray "Little Hoot" which would work for Halloween and fall and every day (they are really nice.) They have owls and falling leaves.

Super Contributor

Thanks for this discussion! I am following it, too, as what fun to have a service for 4.

Honored Contributor

Pfaltzgraf and Fiesta both have Halloween pottery sets...both are very cute!

Valued Contributor
Thank you all for the ideas! I would love to find a set at Walgreens! I looked tonight with no luck. I do like Phaltzgraph and Fiesta but would prefer not to spend too much since I will only use them one month a year. I do like Little hoot but would really like something Halloween with Jack o lanterns, haunted houses, witches and black cats! Smiley Wink. I was lucky one year and got a Halloween melamine set from target but it didn't last long Smiley Sad. My kids and husband microwaved them. I really want some type of glass or ceramic. I just went to several stores tonight. No luck. I'll keep looking and let you all know if I find anything. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
If anyone wants pretty glass thanksgiving dishes with turkeys on them I saw lots of sets at home goods.
Respected Contributor

Another solution would be to go find some black dinnerware at Walmart, Home Goods or even the Goodwill, and add some salad plates in orange. That way, it would not be hideously expensive. One big serving bowl with a pumpkin or skull theme would make it look like Halloween, and add in some napkins from the party store with a Halloween theme.