Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get hair spray off of a wood door?  I do my hair in my bathroom and use hair spray.  Of course it builds up on the door, doorknob and wood vanity. 

I've washed it off, but it still doesn't feel really clean.  Thanks in advance.

Esteemed Contributor

All spray products were banned from my house years ago after I realized what a mess they make.  Check your floor too.

Esteemed Contributor

Here are my go to cleaning products for those challenges:

Bio-Cleaner

Murphy's oil soap

Lemon oil

I like the Bona line of cleaners and there is a variety for specifics. I would check those if none of the above work.

I have a similar situation with the downstairs bathroom off the family room. It's small and the between the steam from the shower and the hair spray itt really coats a layer over the wood and the ceiling fan.

Hope one of these work for you,  

Honored Contributor

Yes, easy answer.  Use shampoo.  It s made to remove hair products including hair spray.

Respected Contributor

Some rubbing alcohol on a damp cloth works, too.  Then I wipe again with another damp cloth, and then a dry one.  Fortunately I don’t have to do it often, but oh my....back in the 80s when my daughter and I both had BIG hair..,,,😂!

Esteemed Contributor

Very hot water on a scrub rag. Keep rinsing the rag then back in the hot water. I just use the hot water comng out of the faucet cause mine is really hot.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 ....once you get everything clean..stick you head in the shower to spray your hair...that's what I do....keeps the spray off the door and vanity.

Respected Contributor

Dawn.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Some rubbing alcohol on a damp cloth works, too.  Then I wipe again with another damp cloth, and then a dry one.  Fortunately I don’t have to do it often, but oh my....back in the 80s when my daughter and I both had BIG hair..,,,😂!

I would not use any kind of alcohol on wood. That could leave a stain on it or it could even strip the finish off of it.