Honored Contributor

Had to get a new dryer today!

Hubby went over and got us a new one. I threatened no clean underware till a new one comes.  It's being delivered tomorrow. He did good. ROFLOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had to get a new dryer today!

@qualitygal wrote:

Hubby went over and got us a new one. I threatened no clean underware till a new one comes.  It's being delivered tomorrow. He did good. ROFLOL.

@qualitygal...LOL..Good for you and lucky for Hubby also!...LOL...I'm eagerly awaiting for our Maytag front load washer to break down!...I may have to give it a few good swift kicks here and there to hasten it!...LOL...I will never get another front load washer again!

What kind of washer do you have and what brand is your new dryer?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove, It's a Samsung and I have a top loading washer. Yeah, I don't want a front load washer either. Hope you get yours asap. Mine could be delayed if we get that ice in that's predicted. Had to get a new washer about a year ago from Sears. The dryer is from Lowe's.

Honored Contributor

When it comes to washers and dryers, I have had lots of longevity with Whirlpool. I would never want a front loader,

Respected Contributor

QualityGal, where do you live that is getting winter weather. In south Georgia, we are sitting at 80 with tons of humidity making it even hotter. We are getting tons of rain this coming week. The fireworks may not go off as planned due to such wet weather, but if it breaks, the fire chance will be low.
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss, SW Michigan. Today we have a winter weather advisory, winter storm warning, freezing rain advisory all for this area. We get lake effect snows in winter which lead to horrible white-outs. It's not every day all winter, but we get our share. They (news/weather people, police) say if you don't have to get out today, stay in till this all passes.

Hope everyone will be safe today.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

When it comes to washers and dryers, I have had lots of longevity with Whirlpool. I would never want a front loader,

Just curious...why no front loader washer?? I loved my old front loader Samsung washer and dryer in my old house that I chose the same ones (newer models) in my new house now. I can't imagine not loving the machines that I own!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

6 years ago when we bought this house the builder had a promotion to give free appliances so what we got are all GE builder grade. However, knock on wood, they all work beautifully and are still going strong. None have any fancy settings or do anything special but they do what I need them to do very well. I love that my washer - top loader with agitator - has a 30 min soak cycle because it gets the clothes very clean. The other day I dropped a strawberry on my white shorts and had a huge bloch of red on them. No problem - came right out in the wash. At this point in our lives I imagine we will replace these appliances someday with exactly the same thing - simple, less expensive and do the job I bought them to do. I would buy every one exactly the same again.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Tigriss, SW Michigan. Today we have a winter weather advisory, winter storm warning, freezing rain advisory all for this area. We get lake effect snows in winter which lead to horrible white-outs. It's not every day all winter, but we get our share. They (news/weather people, police) say if you don't have to get out today, stay in till this all passes.

Hope everyone will be safe today.

I pray you are safe as well.  I heard of the blizzards in Texas and New Mexico and more for the upper mid-west.  It was 83 today with upper 80s humidity.  People with asthma are struggling because of the humidity.  We are experiencing flash flooding and flooding rivers in northern Georgia and southwest Georgia.  They have already began evacuations in three counties along the major rivers.  For us, those rivers will flow down stream and raise ours in the southeast.  I pray the cold front, 60 degree range of temp, will not bring heavy storm weather or tornadoes.

Everyone stay safe and secure!  Remember not to travel any faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss, thank you and I hope for the best of all the others who also are having bad weather.