Valued Contributor

HSN Shipped my Homeworx Candle Order Today

I ordered them on free shipping day and they are at the UPS facility today. No delay with HSN!

Regular Contributor

Re: HSN Shipped my Homeworx Candle Order Today

Hmmm, might be a little melty...

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know that HSN carried Homeworx.  That's good to know, @staciesmom!

Esteemed Contributor

Thought they didn't ship candles in excessive heat. 

Honored Contributor

Wow! I am surprised they are shipping in the middle of July, especially when there is a big heat advisory for a lot of the country for the next few days....I hope you are home to get them when they arrive! Let us know!

Respected Contributor

When Harry Slatkin comes on Q, he always says his candles do not ship til Sep 15 !!  I would prefer that to getting them quicker, at least in the heat here.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

This notice is showing on the HSN site:

homeworks

The heat is on-so we'll hold off

shipping your order until fall.

SEE FULL DETAILS

And if you click on the link it says, "Due to potential heat issues during transport, your order will not ship until September 15."

I sure hope nobody's order is sitting in a UPS site until then.  Fingers crossed all is well.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Harry Slatkin sent multiple candles to multiple YouTube candle reviewers all throughout last summer without incident. I don’t know of any other candle company that doesn’t ship in the summer. Not one. Harry’s excuse that his wax is softer than others is not true. While I purchase candles from multiple companies online, I don’t burn them. I remove the wax from the containers, chop it up with a soap cutter, and create wax melts which I put in warmers. From my experience chopping up wax from various companies, I can assert that Harry’s wax is no different in density or texture than any other. I can understand not shipping chocolate in the summer, because customers can complain that the chocolate melted, and they don’t have to return food items. However, they can make customers return candles to prove they melted.

Honored Contributor

Every one i bought last year,were not good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

Re: HSN Shipped my Homeworxe Order Today

[ Edited ]

QVC shipped two sets of Luminara One Day Only candles to me today. I am worried also about excessive heat.