Frequent Contributor

Iron Out,  you can get it at walmart, target, meijer. Heart

Super Contributor

@eddyandmewrote:

@sol_lunawrote:

@eddyandmewrote:

I need help!

My toilet has a rust stain in it.  The plumber said to use CLR and that would clear it up.  Soaked two containers of that stuff for three hours and it didn't even touch it.  My toilet looks soiled, but it's clean!  Any suggestions?

ZEP acidic toilet bowl cleaner is the BEST for removing all kinds of stains.  I buy it at Home Depot, but you can probably find it at other stores as well.

Found it on Amazonsmile.  They have both acidic and non-acidic - so I should go for the acidic?  Also ordered Don Aslet's set on the Q.  Think my new hobby will be toilet cleaning!Woman LOL  Thank you for your help.

I think the acidic version would probably work the best on rust stains.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme If the rust stain is in the bottom of the tank you might want to check the bolts that hold the tank onto the toilet. If they are rusted then you may need a new toilet because eventually the bolts will be so corroded that the tank will leak. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nrmwrote:

@eddyandme If the rust stain is in the bottom of the tank you might want to check the bolts that hold the tank onto the toilet. If they are rusted then you may need a new toilet because eventually the bolts will be so corroded that the tank will leak. 

I could be wrong but think something happened when they repaced the seal - if that's possible, 'cause I never had any rust before that.  But, thanx, @nrm, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Esteemed Contributor

Barkeepers friend works for me also....