Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for sharing.  I have always thought that if my budget allowed I would have Bobby McAlpine build my dream home.  Many of his homes are not all that large but his rooms have a bold scale and details that "live" much larger yet also feel intimate- quite a difficult balance to acheive.

The designer understands the architect perfectly.  Her spaces are grand yet very inviting-so easy to imagine afternoon naps on those sofas.  I am really in awe of her sense of composition and color.  There are lots of good ideas here to inspire-almost like a master class in architecture and design!  Thanks again for sharing.

Contributor

Not very good at posting-I do this so seldom but I misspelled achieve!  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

Great point about the newer "buried" mullions, @Imaoldhippie !  That's the kind I'd have to have!    I do love the look.

@on the bay,  no worries at all--  part of what's fascinating here is that people can have such diverse-- sometimes starkly opposite-- reactions to the same images.  I find that people respond in different, very individual ways to interiors-- some look at them more from the standpoint of "could I live here",  "is this my personal style",  and others tend to see it as a spectator sport, being interested in a large array of styles that may or may not correspond to their own.  I tend to fluctuate, but am more often in the latter camp...

How articulate and discerning you are in your analysis of McAlpine and Ferrier, @AZMattie --  your post a joy to read! 

Valued Contributor

Re: HOUSE ON A GRAND SCALE

[ Edited ]

I'll take it ...  I LOVE the muilloned windows, the colors (or lack thereof) ...  LOVE it and the high ceilings !!  Wrap it up ... Do you take Visa ??

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  I would only change the dining room chairs.  I never cared for mission/arts and crafts.

Honored Contributor

Love it!!!

Honored Contributor

That's some fine writing by Veranda magazine. You don't see style in the words as often as style in the photos.

Thank you, @Oznell 

I'm a big fan of those windows.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love the decor in this beautiful home. The dramatic dark art paired with the gorgeous blues is stunning. 

The only thing I personally do not care for at all is the art in the family room..all 12 of those prints would have to go if this gorgeous home were mine.

Honored Contributor

very beautiful, but I don't care for the artwork, nor the tables in the family room....I would want a little more cozier feel, but overall a beautifully decorated home!!!!Love blues and browns together as well.......

Honored Contributor

I love all the windows, but I'm not loving most of the rooms. The furnishings are ok, but most of the rooms are a bit dull in color for me. I'm not a fan of the rustic wood beams. I do like the misty paintings. My favorite room is the last picture because it's bright and cheery, but I don't like that many pieces of artwork on the walls.