Trusted Contributor

Re: HOLDING ONTO FALL DECOR for a while longer

@GingerPeach 

Your home is cozy and warm and pretty!  Not cluttered!  Enjoy your fall decor as long as you want.

Honored Contributor

Very nice and very inviting.  I sense you add to and don't take away a lot of your objects.  That's what I do....it makes decorating for the holidays so much easier and, I think, more inviting.  It's not overdone....it's "just right"!

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've only had the pumpkin throw for a couple of weeks and am not yet ready to switch over to something Christmas-themed.  I never had lighted fall leaves along the mantel before this year, so again, I'm hanging on to the look for a little longer.

No need to mention clutter.  I happen to love my clutter.  Woman LOL

In any event, clutter notwithstanding, you're welcome to stop by for a cup of tea.

DSCN0887 (2).JPG

DSCN0894 (2).JPG

Thanks, looks so inviting . I don't put out Christmas decorations  till the week of Dec 15 th . Agree with you , as much as I love Christmas , I don't like to rush the fall season or Thanks Giving feeling.  I keep Christmas  decor up  for abt a week after New Yrs .

Respected Contributor

I love your style, it is so very like mine!  Love that bunny too.  I have some Boyd's bears that I tuck in certain areas and my little grands just love to get them out and hug and play with them.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto it.  Fall decorating is my favorite seasonal decorating, and yours is beautiful;

I started the Christmas changeover this past weekend because it's so much work to get it all done, and I want it to last a while before I have to take it all down.  Hated to see the fall stuff go though.

Honored Contributor

There is clutter, and then there is visual interest, in my opinion. I see visual interest. Yes, a lot of things, but well put together, lots of different textures, colors warm and welcoming. 

I love to go into a home that captures the eye. Empty sterile homes bore me. This one @GingerPeach  is beautiful and warm. I'll be by for that tea!

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've only had the pumpkin throw for a couple of weeks and am not yet ready to switch over to something Christmas-themed.  I never had lighted fall leaves along the mantel before this year, so again, I'm hanging on to the look for a little longer.

In any event, clutter notwithstanding, you're welcome to stop by for a cup of tea.

DSCN0887 (2).JPG

DSCN0894 (2).JPG

@GingerPeach wrote:

DSCN0887 (2).JPG

DSCN0894 (2).JPG

I own that Slatkin pineapple I see on your mantle!!!!..I added a flameless candle and now it comes on every evening..all this time I had it and never thought about it...lol! Thank God for flameless candles...I get mine at Target and they're also vanilla scented! LOVE your clutter!!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@GingerPeach OMG I love your bunnies, especially the bunny pillow on the sofa 🤗

I have that bunny pillow...think I got it from Country Door! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also "extending autumn"--oh! my calendar says that winter's won't be here till a few more weeks pass.  Phew!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @emmysmom 

I have a Slatkin pineapple figural on each end of the mantel.  I put a Candle Impressions flameless candle in each one, and love seeing them turn on every night, just like you!

I just got the bunny pillow, and the Susan Winget pumpkin throw, from Expressions.  I notice that a lot of the catalogs get supply from the same sources.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.