Trusted Contributor

HGTV Smart Home 2021 Sweepstakes

Can't post a link, but have you looked at the home?  It's located in Naples, FL.  I do not like any of the furnishings at all.  It's all too mish-moshy and too busy for me.  Don't like any of the color combinations either.  The only thing I do like is the deck.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: HGTV Smart Home 2021 Sweepstakes

[ Edited ]

4,500 square feet.    I wonder how much it costs to air condition the place.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I do not care at all for it!  Neither the inside nor the outside. 

Respected Contributor

But if you win it, you can sell

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Janey2  True, but I wouldn't want the hassle, trouble or worry that comes with selling it.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Janey2  True, but I wouldn't want the hassle, trouble or worry that comes with selling it.

How about the money. Is that a bother too?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

If you win you also get the option of a cash alternative. No hassle, trouble, or headache. They just hand you a check and off you go on your merry way. The vast majority of their contest winners take the cash alternative. The tax burden that comes with "winning" something like that if you don't have hundreds of thousands of cash readily available makes the cash alternative the best option for most winners.

As to the design and styling, it's not what I would do. I've seen worse though. The only room I couldn't live with is the baby puke green bedroom. Designers (both fashion and interior) always try to make that a 'hot' color for some reason and it never catches on. I'm guessing whoever makes that color pigment bribes them to use it, but it's just a bad color and not attractive on clothing or walls. Still every year or so some idiot designer comes out and insists this is the year it'll be the 'hot' color. Uh, no. It won't. Repainting that bedroom would be job one if I won the house and opted to keep it. (I wouldn't opt to keep it. I'd take the cash.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!