Honored Contributor

Re: HERE'S MY B. MOORE "WOODLAWN BLUE"-- CAN'T BELIEVE IT

I expect that trunk had some sort of special meaning for her, @Kachina624.  For someone who decorates that personally, and with that much discernment, it probably just hit some sort of 'sweet' spot.

I've always been drawn toward a mix of "fine" and "rough" in my surroundings.  I'm mad about that beautiful aqua opaline glass she has, combined with idiosyncratic chippy and painted woods...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   As a longtime fan of Amy's blog.....I can assure you that the coffee table has a special meaning to her. She has one of the most successful and long running blogs of all time. Her decorating always speaks to me because it comes straight from her heart.

Thanks for sharing. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing oznell. That Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue is lovely!

That color reminds me of a beautiful antique lamp I saw in a really nice antique store last year - the body of the lamp was that wonderful blue color. I wanted to buy that lamp so badly but it was expensive and not within my budget.

Respected Contributor

The room is too small for all that Amy has in the room for it is very cluttered....remove the piano and put it elswhere....not fond of blue in my home, especially on walls and the opaline blue is way too intense for my taste...

Esteemed Contributor

That is a beautiful color, @Oznell .  I've got a couple of rooms in a similar tone; when I repaint, which I need to, I'll definitely keep this one in mind. Ben Moore is excellent paint, too.

I use those shades in my kitchen, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

How pretty your kitchen must be, @Sweetbay magnolia....

Honored Contributor

What a treat fo find your very own color used as a favorite by someone whose taste you respect, @Oznell 

I can relate to that feeling.  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Beautiful blue - I agree with @Kachina624 regarding the big ugly box - just seems out of place in such a pretty room.

Honored Contributor

You know, @alliswell,  there's a disreputable, ancient work bench of some sort down in the depths of our basement, that we found when we moved in 25 years ago.  It's dirty, has chipping paint.  It's worse than that trunk in the video.

I've been eyeing that for the longest, to clean up a bit, (but not too much) and substitute for our conventional coffee table...

Some of us just can't be reformed!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Heart "To each their own, in all things." Heart