Honored Contributor

HERE'S MY B. MOORE "WOODLAWN BLUE"-- CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Stumbled on this video of a woman showing her small living room.  Loved the room, it's similar in spirit to my living room.  (Wish I had her fireplace, though).  I was pre-disposed to like it because of that 'dreamy' robin's egg blue and the white, traditional wood work, very like mine.

Then she told the guy, it's "Woodlawn Blue" by Benjamin Moore.  My very paint color!   Fun.

I also like her for saying that she wants to be comfortable (even in a room as traditional as this.)  She said, paraphrasing, "I live with men, and dogs, and I'm not the tidiest person myself".  Ha!  Love her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN-kei-538Y

Honored Contributor

Re: HERE'S MY B. MOORE "WOODLAWN BLUE"-- CAN'T BELIEVE IT

@Oznell 

Beautiful!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I love the colors and some of the furniture but there is just way too much going on in there for me. I would have to remove half of it.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell
I like her laid back personality and her decorating style. I’ve never been a fan of blue on my walls but that is a pretty color. I do love robin egg blue in acccent colors. I enjoyed watching , thanks for the video.
A little inspiration from here and there really helps me bring it all together.
I bet your living room is lovely too oznell
Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I have never used blue as a decorating color...but that Woodlawn is so soothing and a very calm/neutral blue, so pretty with the white accents.

Trusted Contributor

I love that color and love that room.

I just looked her up (Amy Chalmers) and she has a lovely blog that shows other rooms in her home and her beautiful garden areas.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @blueroses47,  I finally had to stop myself from looking at her blog, one thing leads to another, ha.  Her style is so sympatico, a bit more "French-accented" than mine, but wow, what lovely things.  Her rooms feel happy, and sort of ethereal, that's probably what I respond to most...

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything decorative about that big, ugly box she's using as a coffee table.  I like nice shabby chic ]pieces but that box is shabby without being chic.  Looks like a cheap coffin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have followed Amy's blog for years. She marches to her own drum and I personally love her decorating style. Soothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

A beautiful blue, indeed!

Love her basket "door bucket" floral arrangement.  

They are hard to find.