Contributor

HERE'S A GOOD ONE FOR A GAS LEAK

Men came to work in our basement that got flooded from a broken hot water heater. They left because they smelled gas. While they were here we called the gas company. We were told to open all the windows and go stand across the street from the house. They will send a man that is in the area they just don't know when. Before the workers left they turned off our gas. It is 40 minutes since we reported the gas smell. I was surprised they wouldn't come right away.

Valued Contributor

Re: HERE'S A GOOD ONE FOR A GAS LEAK

Well if the gas company is in your area on a Saturday someone else is probably having an emergency call too. Maybe it is taking awhile. Since the plumbers turned off your gas and you are out of the house, I think you should be fine. Other than annoyance and inconvenience. We have periodic issues with our gas supply and odors but nothing has blown up yet! Good luck with your repair whatever it turns out to be. Maybe the plumbers were just smelling residual gas from your water heater.

Contributor

Thanks Ceekay. He is here now. What really threw me off was her telling us to stand across the street. She couldn't say if they would come now or later in the day. I'm sure he'll take care of it and the restoration workers will come back.

As for you very glad nothing has blown up yet and hope it never does!!!!!

Honored Contributor

You should have called the fire department. That really gets action. (I speak from experience.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥