Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP!!!! Need new washer:

Here is yet another vote for Speed Queen top load washer!  I had a front load washer that would not clean the clothes.  My Speed Queen set is probably 4 years old.  Love the dryer too.  I didn't want a front load with $1500 worth of electronics on the front panel and eletronic buttons.  I just wanted a straight forward washing machine with mechanical knobs that would fill up a tank with soapy water to soak dirty clothes if need be. Yay for low tech!  Yay for clean clothes!

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I didn't see anyone say they buy their washer and dryer to impress their friends. I don't think any of my friends have ever even seen my washer and dryer.

You're RIGHT. It was her typical answer.

Valued Contributor

@Fat Lewis wrote:

Here is yet another vote for Speed Queen top load washer!  I had a front load washer that would not clean the clothes.  My Speed Queen set is probably 4 years old.  Love the dryer too.  I didn't want a front load with $1500 worth of electronics on the front panel and eletronic buttons.  I just wanted a straight forward washing machine with mechanical knobs that would fill up a tank with soapy water to soak dirty clothes if need be. Yay for low tech!  Yay for clean clothes!

Speed Queen is the BEST by far. More expensive than cheap builder grade washers and dryers but worth the money because they last a long time and rarely have any issues.

Frequent Contributor

Suggestions needed:

My 18 year old w/d (Whirlpool) is on it's last legs.  Been told by a repairman that Speed Queen is the set to buy.   However, we'll be moving in a year & I'd prefer not to spend that extra $ here.   Any suggestions for a simple but dependable set to leave behind?  Thanks ladies ...