Trusted Contributor

Re: HANDSOME BASKET ON SALE AT JOANN'S

I like your basket @Oznell  and I also like the fact that the handles flop up or down.

Enjoy  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - My friend's sister taught basket making in Virginia. I had a lot of trouble with the first one, then did a better job after that. Keeping the wood moist was challenging! I still have them. DD used the first one as a carrier for her dolls and Beanie Babies, so it's not in the best shape. I also made a fabric one. I've received a lot as gifts through the years. One of my friends made me a ceramic one.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and useful type of basket.  There was a time I wanted to collect them, however, only have about three...lol

Just saw Martha Stewart's collection on her show she stores in a very nice shed on her property.  Why was I not surprised.  Now that's a collection!

Honored Contributor

That's a very nice basket to use as a planter.

On a related note, LocknLock baskets were presented the other day and they said the baskets were hand-woven.  Hard to believe considering the baskets are plastic.

LNL Baskets.PNG

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr,  I have those Lock & Lock baskets, and they are fantastic.  I have them holding potatoes in my pantry, makeup in the bathroom, fruit on my counter, and one of them corralls my olive oil and vinegar bottles all together so they don't get separated in cupboard...  and the best thing, you just throw those "baskets" in the dishwasher to clean...

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

It's very nice.  I like the style .. versatile

Honored Contributor

There's one caution I must issue, if anyone has this basket and has cats.  Have discovered that mine love the crunchy texture as much as I do, and at least one (not the two others, thankfully) has tried to make this a scratching post.

I'm discouraging that by draping a cloth over the side when I'm not around to notice what's happening-- and so far, it seems to work.  Hope they'll lose interest and move on to other things...

Frequent Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Joann's is having a basket sale and I got this seagrass one from Vietnam at 40% off.  There may be coupons as well, not sure.

Ever since I got Valerie's faux fiddle leaf fig tree, have been keeping my eye out for a big basket as a planter.  Had been making do with one from my bathroom that wasn't that big.  Those trees look so much more realistic if they are in a container that looks big enough to contain a huge root ball!

Woven 17 Inch Round Basket Diamond

17096223.jpg

It's huge, and the crunchy texture really is nice-- instantly noticeable.  Looks exotic and homey at the same time.  The little handles flop either up or down, a detail that for some reason I really like....

Went right on line with 60% coupon off on one item. Picked it up today. Will be a great Christmas present for my DIL. Always happy to get feedback from others. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Delighted you got such a good deal on it, @kjayr !   I'm loving mine-- really adds that little "something"....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That basket would go well with a throw inside of it and given as a Christmas gift or Hannukah gift.

kindness is strength