Honored Contributor

HANDSOME BASKET ON SALE AT JOANN'S

Joann's is having a basket sale and I got this seagrass one from Vietnam at 40% off.  There may be coupons as well, not sure.

Ever since I got Valerie's faux fiddle leaf fig tree, have been keeping my eye out for a big basket as a planter.  Had been making do with one from my bathroom that wasn't that big.  Those trees look so much more realistic if they are in a container that looks big enough to contain a huge root ball!

Woven 17 Inch Round Basket Diamond

17096223.jpg

It's huge, and the crunchy texture really is nice-- instantly noticeable.  Looks exotic and homey at the same time.  The little handles flop either up or down, a detail that for some reason I really like....

Trusted Contributor

Re: HANDSOME BASKET ON SALE AT JOANN'S

Very attractive!  I bet your tree looks right at home in that beautiful basket : )

Honored Contributor

What a great looking basket!!!!  I can see the tree in it and it must look so together and pretty.  I love baskets to put around the rooms and use them for different functions.  Thanks for the heads up  on this one, great purchase!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Oooh, I love it and I love seagrass.

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty!!!

Honored Contributor

I can see that basket full of pine cones by the front door!!!

Honored Contributor

Love Joann's.  They have great sales on knitting yarn.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful find! I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - You got the perfect basket - it's gorgeous! It will look perfect with Valerie's tree in it. 

I love all kinds of baskets, ever since my mom gave me a small antique basket with an African violet in it. I was a teenager. I wasn't a very good "mom" to the plant, but I started my obsession with baskets.

I've studied different kinds and I've made a few (lightship). Yours is one of the most interesting I've seen. I love the detail.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How interesting that you've made baskets, @beach-mom -- what a relaxing craft, I bet.