Esteemed Contributor

H227731 Home Reflections lantern

I bought 2 of these lanterns in the brass which is more of a champagne .  One had a major crack in the glass CS immediately sent me a replacement,  very impressed with that !    I will say the lanterns are very elegant , tall and have a great presence   .  I really like the different sized candels too!   My only complaint that I just discovered tonight is the batteries only lasted a week !!!!!   So had to change 12  AA batteries in only 1 weeks time ,  

crazy !!!!!   I'm debating wether to keep them even though I really do like them ,  but no battery life !  Plus getting them back in the box will be a hassle.  I wish that was mentioned in the presentation as I would not have purchased them.

Respected Contributor

Re: H227731 Home Reflections lantern

@Kitty Galore  I bought the 18" lantern and I love it!  The candle it came with is a joke.  I substituted the Luminaras and it looks so much better.  I am pondering the 24" lantern.  

F8515447-E2A4-4226-9EB3-7A8F4A1D2EC8.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a lantern from Valerie too that I really like but the batteries rarely last a night by now after a few years and in the beginning only lasted less than a week.

I have other things from her and others that I rarely need to change batteries.

Whatever technology is used for those that last so long, I wish they could make that for all the things we have.

It is no fun to change batteries every time you turn around.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Kitty Galore  I bought the 18" lantern and I love it!  The candle it came with is a joke.  I substituted the Luminaras and it looks so much better.  I am pondering the 24" lantern.  

F8515447-E2A4-4226-9EB3-7A8F4A1D2EC8.jpeg

@BornToShop   Your lantern looks stunning !    Can I ask what size are your Luminaras?

i don't think I have any in that size diameter.  Not sure if there are any in the line as tall as I need for the  30" I have .   What makes them look elegant in the large size is the very tall one  in back .   I do agree and I put that in my review that the  candles are not great close up . On the floor though you really can't tell .     

Respected Contributor

That is terrible battery life! How many hours per day did you have them on?

You can buy luminaras other places besides QVC. I haven't shopped for any that tall but I have purchased oversized Luminara at  theflamelesscandleshop.net for much better prices than QVC. Just google and you will find a lot of sources.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy wrote:

You can buy luminaras other places besides QVC. I haven't shopped for any that tall but I have purchased oversized Luminara at  theflamelesscandleshop.net for much better prices than QVC. Just google and you will find a lot of sources.

@froggy   6 hrs which is what it is on timer.   Actually I even turned it off before the whole 6 hrs a couple of times .    I'm thinking if I have to go to all the trouble of replacing the candles and also  the battery life I might as well send them back . 

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy   6 hrs which is what it is on timer.   Actually I even turned it off before the whole 6 hrs a couple of times .    I'm thinking if I have to go to all the trouble of replacing the candles and also  the battery life I might as well send them back . 

@Kitty Galore  Yeah, I get it. It could be pretty pricey to replace the candles. That lantern is gorgeous though.

Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you are using GOOD HIGH END BATTERIES that “keep going & going & going” 🐰🐰

Esteemed Contributor

It's most likely not worth sending back.  Over the years I've replaced some candles that had stopped working well or at all, even in the lanterns that have "fixed" ones.  DH takes it apart for me and I can place another candle inside.   Not too much trouble, then I don't have to purchase another lantern, I have enough of them already!

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore  I used the Luminara slim candles which are 8", 6" & 4.25".  My lantern is the 18" one.  You could use scatters, etc on the bottom to elevate the candles since you have the 30" lantern.  I just ordered another set for another lantern I have, love these!

CF077C16-B254-48D1-A492-5DE958128F24.jpeg