Frequent Contributor

H219563 Valerie's Black Lanterns: I WANT OPTIONS!

First of all, I prefer all lanterns to have removable candles. Sometimes I want to put a colored candle inside or a figurine or sometimes I want to just put a plant inside. Having said that, is there a way to remove these installed candles like this pedestal Lantern by Valerie? First, the light seems to be quite insufficient. Second, I want to use a yellow candle in this lantern to go with my lemon Decor next spring and summer . I would like to get a hacksaw or some other tool and just break the candle off and not have a candle in there at all. Is that possible? Maybe Valerie's team can answer this question for me. BOTTOM LINE; I WANT OPTIONS. I'll just bet that I'm not alone.Thank you.

( I posted this in the question section of this item by Valerie. Sure hope I get a response.)

Honored Contributor

Re: H219563 Valerie's Black Lanterns: I WANT OPTIONS!

@TexasBarbie.  There's no requirement that you do all your shopping at QVC.  There are a million places from which you can purchase pretty lanterns in about any color you wish.  Why pay for the candle then destroy it?  Just buy a lantern without.  Zulily often has some really nice ones. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have Luminara lanterns that came with permanent candles.  There are screws on the bottom that I'm going to try to remove, but it will leave a hole.  Considering putting something over the hole, not sure what yet, so I can use the lanterns with other candles.  Won't be able to use them outside, though. 

So, I'd check your lanterns to see if their are screws on the bottom that can be removed.  

Frequent Contributor

Foxxee, YOU had a suggestion that is actually quite helpful.  Thank you for taking the time to reply. Since many times I like Valerie's design in lanterns, and not the candles, it's worth giving your great suggestion a try.  I will do it.

Honored Contributor

Every lantern I've purchased from QVC, regardless of the brand, that has a fixed candle, does indeed have a way to get the candles out. Usually screws in the bottom, and it does leave a hole, but doable for sure. 

I know a lot of people don't like the fixed candles, and I don't know why, with the huge selection of empty lanterns available out in the market place, they bother to buy the ones with a candle affixed. 

There is an "empty" lantern out there just like any filled one, just have to look for them, and wait to find it. Hobby Lobby has a huge selection and it is always changing. 

Trusted Contributor

I've seen lots of lanterns out in the stores where you add your own candle. Target and Hobby Lobby have them. And for very good prices too. So if you can get out to shop, I think you can find what you want.