Frequent Contributor

H205306 Gingerbread Men MILDEW!!

Warning!  I ordered Valerie Parr Hill's adorable plush gingerbread men H205306 for my Christmas gingerbread kitchen and the base of them were covered in mildew & they stunk!  I tried writing this in the product review, but they wouldn't post it, so I hope folks planning to order this item see this!

Honored Contributor

Re: H205306 Gingerbread Men MILDEW!!

[ Edited ]

@JaneneP wrote:

Warning!  I ordered Valerie Parr Hill's adorable plush gingerbread men H205306 for my Christmas gingerbread kitchen and the base of them were covered in mildew & they stunk!  I tried writing this in the product review, but they wouldn't post it, so I hope folks planning to order this item see this!

@JanP60  Sorry to hear about the gingerbread men! I suggest posting the info on VPH's FB page so she knows and at least the info will be passed on that way too. Thanks for sharing and giving folks the HU Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, JaneneP and welcome. Smiley Happy

Yikes! Sorry that happened to you. If you send it back to QVC and mark it as defective (because it is), you'll get a full refund of the price and the shipping.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@JaneneP wrote:

@JanP60, absolutely go to Valerie's FB page and tell her about the problem with her product.  No one wants negative posts on FB because a lot of people go there for info and the news spreads quickly.  Sorry that you have to deal with this issue, but be sure to return and get your money back.                   

Honored Contributor

That is just not good. I have to wonder if yours was an isolated thing, or if they sent out a whole batch like that.

One does have to wonder, with this stuff being shipped clear from China, how this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. It's a long ride from manufacturer (or who knows how long stored in a foreign warehouse) to our front door.

I will add my agreement that this should be posted to Valerie's FB page, as she would want to know this and takes steps to deal with it, or prevent such a thing in the future.

Honored Contributor

I've got the same mildew smell on the 9" gingerbread house of VPH. I've had it airing out for several days and sadly it still has this faint odor.😁😁😁😁

Perhaps it's from the same batch of your gingerbread man! I'm giving it sometime before I send it back as I do not know if this item is still available.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I've got the same mildew smell on the 9" gingerbread house of VPH. I've had it airing out for several days and sadly it still has this faint odor.😁😁😁😁

Perhaps it's from the same batch of your gingerbread man! I'm giving it sometime before I send it back as I do not know if this item is still available.

I had a problem with the set of VPH small gingerbread houses last year.  They didn't have a moldy smell.  They had a horrible chemical odor that gave me a headache and a sore throat.  

I bought them during CIJ, so I had plenty of time to return them.  I aired them outside for an afternoon.  Then, I left them out for a couple of months in a basement storage room.  I tried to bring them back upstairs, and the smell was still bad.  So, I sent them back.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Do you suppose all this CIJ stuff is left-overs from an earlier time that has been sitting in a dank warehouse a year or more?  It has to be old merchandise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment