Honored Contributor

Re: Guest Room in Yellows and Browns

I like it. I'd just change the rug to tan or beige stripes.

I like the bird theme.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I don't really like yellow and brown together-too much yellow and brown 

And I don't like that color yellow.😁I I like a lemony yellow or yellow with no brown or green tints. I like a duckling yellow or lemon yellow😊 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Not my favorite colors, although I will take yellow over brown.  I do like the combo for a guest room.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Not horrible, but it is just not my idea of a relaxing bedroom.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

The colors coordinate nicely but I don't care for the style used.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind yellow and brown together and thought I would love this room.....but.....nope.  I'd leave the bed and start over.  That wallpaper is the first thing to get taken down.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

This room is not for me. The only think I like is the bench at the foot of the bed..I love it.

I could live with the furniture but the rug, bedding, and wallpaper do not appeal to me at all.

Honored Contributor

It's ok for a guest room. I would change out the wallpaper for just a soft yellow paint, then the other prints/patterns in the room wouldn't seem so busy, imo.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I do not care for yellow and brown together and I I don't like them separate either.  Of course if it was a guest room to stay at, I wouldn't care, as long as it wasn't in my home!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like yellow and shades of brown, but I don't like this room. I don't like the wallpaper or the striped rug. I don't really like the chair, bench, bed frame, or silver tone lamps either. The bedside tables are fine. Overall, not a look I would want to duplicate in my home. 

My bedroom as a child and teen was painted bright yellow. My sister and I had bold floral yellow & green bedspreads in the 1970s. I wouldn't do that now though.