Esteemed Contributor

Re: Guest BR, Shades of Turquoise

No!  The wallpaper creeps me out!  Plus I don't like the furnishings.

Trusted Contributor

This room is a big NO for me.  Wall color is too dark and saturated and not relaxing at all for a bedroom.  The squiggly wallpaper design gives me a headache just looking at it.  Ugh.  I suppose if you didn't like houseguests, this room would drive them out of your house after one night!

Trusted Contributor

Very pleasant and well done guest room IMO.

For guests, it would be thoughtful to have fewer toss pillows on the bed and little decor items sitting on the bedside table and dressing table--leaving more room for guests to put their things out. Or leave them there, but when guests are actually arriving, tuck these items away for the duration. When I'm a guest, I always find it awkward to maneuver around such things--however pretty they may be.

Honored Contributor

Nothing much appeals to me in this room. I like the floor and the windows. There's too much turquoise for me. I don't like the wallpaper, pillows, or furnishings. The vase with flowers and lamp on the round table are ok. 

Respected Contributor

It's different.

Honored Contributor

With the exception of the wall paper pattern and the windows without curtains, I wouldn't mind spending time in this room. 

Honored Contributor

No, in this case, I would not, @lolakimono .    That wall treatment is unfortunate--  I wonder what "mood" or effect they were going for?  To me, it's reminiscent of cobwebs, enveloping the room.

I like fewer, but bigger, Euro sized pillows on beds, that have the look of fresh, clean linen.  These smaller, fussy pillows look like a distraction or afterthought.

That sort of 'watermelon' and turquoise color combo can be really attractive, yet I don't like it in this room.  Add to that, the brownish color of the table's underskirt looks completely random.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono I like everythihg about this room

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

NOPE, too cluttered & dislike the dark wallpaper/pattern.  I prefer a room with openness.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Deeply depressing.