Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grrrrrr hate my new Maytag dryer - so frustrated!!!! (Venting sorry🙄)

Use the dryer a few more times - then return it. Google the brand/model and see if there are complaints. I never had problems with a dryer.

Respected Contributor

Heaven forbid, the day my wonderful trusty old washer and drier quit, and I'm forced to buy new one of these new ones ):

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@homedecor1, we had problems with our Maytag products, so I can understand where you are coming from.  Last year, we bought an Electrolux washer and dryer and while it dries very well, I find sometimes things do not get as dry as I expect.  I have a feeling that goverment standards and restrictions play a part in that.  But, there is no reason why you have no heat.  Good luck and I would ask for a total replacement.  When we have had appliance problems at delivery, it never got better.  

@SXMGirl  You are correct, it is government standards....no heat, no hot water and low water levels. To avoid this, I bought a Speed Queen washer and dryer as they fall under commercial so they do not have the restrictions. When the clothes come out of the dryer, they are so hot that I dropped them on the floor the first time.

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Heaven forbid, the day my wonderful trusty old washer and drier quit, and I'm forced to buy new one of these new ones ):

I know what you mean. Buy Speed Queen brand and you will be fine.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SXMGirl & @KathyM23

I started to buy both washer & dryer by Speed Queen then realized I wouldn't be in this house long enough to spend that kinda $$$.

Although the Maytag one was over $500 (replaced my 5 year old GE that the motor died & heat sensor😤).

Yes, I agree the heat is NOT hot -- maybe it has something to do with restrictions. I know I need a new water heater & my gosh more "extra" $$ to meet government standards! Just like the shower heads that I replaced that were water savers, I couldn't rinse a gnat with how slow the water came out (or fine spray).

I hope you have no problems -- I think @Just Bling is right that energy saving setting stinks!!!

@Annabellethecat66

So true!!! My old stuff worked & lasted much longer!!!!

@homedecor1 It is government regulations. We have the Speed Queen set with no restrictions......wonderful. As far as the shower head, we bought one made in Germany and it is just fine.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Katcat1.....I think it's a lemon

Esteemed Contributor

What are the "restrictions"? Efficiencies in the machine make sense.

Why is it not smart to conserve energy?  We pay the bill.

My $299 Hotpoint from two years ago works great.  I do use the sensor-driven "auto" feature mostly.

Good luck with the new appliance.  When I bought a new washer (Hotpoint), the water shut-off valve was defective; probably a manufacturing defect.  The repairman diagnosed it incorrectly and in the process, tinkered with a different shut-off valve and the machine would not stop filling.  

It was fixed, at N/C, but it was frustrating for a few weeks.

Has worked like a champ ever since.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Buy speed queen,you can't go wrong with that brand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Some clothes dryers now have a cool down cycle towards the end of the cycle so the clothes come out feeling nice and cool to handle. The last two to five minutes (sometimes longer) they blow cool air in instead of the warm air. If you have a dryer with a cool down cycle built in, your drying time will increase and the clothes will come out cool to the touch. To test your heating element, just crack the door mid-cycle and the dryer and clothes should be very warm. If they are, then there's no problem with the heating element.

If the heating element is fine then check to be sure the dryer vent hose isn't kinked, obstructed, or too long. also check the lint trap to be sure it isn't obstructed or clogged in some manner. With the dryer running mid-cycle head outside where the dryer vent is and see how the air coming out feels. It should be quite damp and warm and flowing pretty quickly. 

Drying clothes is largely a matter of physics. Warmer air holds more moisture so warmer air moving past the clothes at a high speed will dry the clothes the quickest. As the air temp drops the ability to hold more moisture drops with it and the clothes take longer to dry. Government regulations don't change the physics involved, much to the confusion of government officials. "But we passed a law!" The laws of physics take precedence over the laws of man.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I have a Maytag dryer from 2004.  I have only used the timed dryer settings.  I have noticed in the past year it takes about 20 minutes more to dry a load.  We open it up and remove all the lint that doesn't find its way to the lint catcher, too.