Honored Contributor

Grrrrrr hate my new Maytag dryer - so frustrated!!!! (Venting sorry🙄)

[ Edited ]

Maybe someone here can tell me what the heck I'm doing WRONG!!!! I'm so frustrated & aggravated.

I had a new Maytag 7.0 dryer delivered on Saturday.  (Ps: it wasn't cheap$$$!!).

Its not rocket science: put clothes in turn on "more dry" set temp then push start!

I did a load of perma press: book says put on MEDIUM heat. Set on "more dry".  Nope...after dryer ran 35 minutes - clothes damp! Ok, turn on "high" run dryer again (45 minutes) Now dry.

Next, I did 1 load of towels (4-5 w/hand towels). Put in dryer on "high" as booklet states. Ran 60 minutes....still wet/damp!  Just put dryer on again for another 60 minutes!!! 😤😤😤😤

On Monday I called Maytag no explanation except they can send "repairman" out to see if heating element is off.  I asked why does the dryer have "energy saver" if you need to use high heat to dry anything!

Told me to call Wednesday if I haven't figured it out.  

Any suggestions I'm at my wits end. I want to return to store but then I pay 25% restocking fee....

thank you!

PS: you know when you open your dryer right after the cycle you can feel the warmth or clothes feel warm - this doesn't!

Respected Contributor

Re: Grrrrrr hate my new Maytag dryer - so frustrated!!!! (Venting sorry🙄)

I have a new LG and I experience the same thing.  I really don't bother too much with the "bulky, perm press, delicates etc.".  I use the timed dry, set the temp and have no issues.

I know my towels will be high for about 30-45 minutes, depends on how many, my gym clothes, I put on low for 30 minutes and the rest I just estimate.

There's nothing wrong with your dryer, it's just the way they are now. 

Honored Contributor

My clothesline is so simple.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, we had problems with our Maytag products, so I can understand where you are coming from.  Last year, we bought an Electrolux washer and dryer and while it dries very well, I find sometimes things do not get as dry as I expect.  I have a feeling that goverment standards and restrictions play a part in that.  But, there is no reason why you have no heat.  Good luck and I would ask for a total replacement.  When we have had appliance problems at delivery, it never got better.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I just had a new Maytag washer delivered yesterday.  Hope it is not going to be a problem.  After I bought it, someone told me they bought the same model I did and it worked fine for a short time, then the problems started.  They got rid of it and bought a Speed Queen.  Hope I'm not in for the same problems as I can't afford to get rid of a fairly new washer and replace it with a very expensive one like Speed Queen.  Probably should have bought Speed Queen in the first place, bur there is no where local that sells them.  I did keep my GE dryer tho and only replaced the washer that was having a timer problem.

Honored Contributor

I'm with @Just Bling -- just use timed drying.  But I understand your frustration if you paid substantially more for bells and whistles that don't function properly.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

Perhaps that is what it is. The clothes (towels) are dry after using the time section vs energy saving settings & im doing everything on high.

@software

So true! My friends & I were talking about those wonderful memories of fresh smelling (and dry) clothes when we hung them out!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl & @KathyM23

I started to buy both washer & dryer by Speed Queen then realized I wouldn't be in this house long enough to spend that kinda $$$.

Although the Maytag one was over $500 (replaced my 5 year old GE that the motor died & heat sensor😤).

Yes, I agree the heat is NOT hot -- maybe it has something to do with restrictions. I know I need a new water heater & my gosh more "extra" $$ to meet government standards! Just like the shower heads that I replaced that were water savers, I couldn't rinse a gnat with how slow the water came out (or fine spray).

I hope you have no problems -- I think @Just Bling is right that energy saving setting stinks!!!

@Annabellethecat66

So true!!! My old stuff worked & lasted much longer!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl It's not like I know but I think you are right about all of the government restrictions, etc.

There have been several items (large and small) that causes frustration due to the government restrictions.

I know when my hot water heater goes out it's really going to be a headache because the government has imposed so many restrictions on it.....ugh!

If I have something that's old, I try to keep it going as long as I can because I think (this is my opinion) it is usually better.  Now it might be a little more costly with electricity, etc, but it's worth it to me to dry the clothes rather than constantly go up and down checking.

My daughter just bought this water saving wing ding washer while I was rehabing at her house.  I thought she was going to throw the thing out the door she was so frustrated.  She said it doesn't clean as well as her old one.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1,       It sounds like a lemon to me.  I would contact whoever you bought the dryer from -- something is not right.

kindness is strength