Honored Contributor

I'm not often a fan of grey and I wouldn't have chosen it here... Still, I find this dining room (or what appears, perhaps, to be a 'mock-up' of a dining room...) appealing... I like the room's composition and all its elements, and interestingly enough, for me in this case, the color is secondary...

colors-3-2.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Grey in the Dining Room...

My eyes see a slate blue which I like. Lately I've come to realize I cannot differentiate some colors.

Valued Contributor

I see slate blue too.

Honored Contributor

The walls also read a blue shade to me.  There are interesting shapes in the room like the table base, the hutch, the light fuxture.  It's not an ordinary dining room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@D Kay  @AuntG  It well could be slate blue... It's reading more grey on my device, but there's often a fine distinction between some colors, especially when viewed via computer, phone or tablet!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

The walls also read a blue shade to me.  There are interesting shapes in the room like the table base, the hutch, the light fuxture.  It's not an ordinary dining room.

@Kachina624  Interesting, because it's reading a definite grey to me, but everyone else seems to seeing blue and I can see a hint of blue... Agree on the shapes in the room... I think it's those very elements, along with the chairs, that sell the room for me, as I like all of them...

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't even notice the color, I love the table. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also see slate blue.  

Color sense can be funny.  I recently helped my son paint the inside of his garage. The color was Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams.  I swear I could be staring at the paint, and it would turn from a light gray to a light green.  It was kind of strange that it would flip back and forth everytime I looked at it.  It is a really pretty color, just a bit hard to describe

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@stevieb    When my son was a teenager, he wanted to paint his room battleship grey.  I wasn't having that so I bought a color similar to the dining room.  We were both happy; he always saw it as grey and I saw it as slate blue.  I never mentioned that it looked blue to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Mine is definitely coming up a kind of smoky teal blue.  Because of that shade, and the other tan/beige shades in the room, the stark white curtains don't quite "meld".  If they were changed, and the bland rug were different, I think the room would be inviting.