Honored Contributor

Re: Grey in the Dining Room...

@sceniccoast wrote:

Sorry, not for me.  I do like the flowy, light white drapes (& I'm not a drape fan.)  

Thank you for sharing.

@sceniccoast 

I don’t care for the room either. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

The color of the walls, whether it be blue or grey, doesn’t seem to go well with the furnishings. The whole room seems a little sad and drab to me. 

Honored Contributor

Yah cain't trust nobody, @stevieb  Woman LOL

Have a safe and happy day. (Seriously.)

BTW, thanks for always finding interesting decor photos. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I really like the color, and the room,especially the table. The color is reading blue on my device as well, but I like it, and I do like some Gray rooms as well, depending on the shade...

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

Usually I'm the odd person out .. nice to have you along for company.  Woman Wink

I do love that all of you who post the pics, don't mind us offering our thoughts & opinions.  They're fun discussions.  

Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I also see slate blue.  

Color sense can be funny.  I recently helped my son paint the inside of his garage. The color was Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams.  I swear I could be staring at the paint, and it would turn from a light gray to a light green.  It was kind of strange that it would flip back and forth everytime I looked at it.  It is a really pretty color, just a bit hard to describe

@Puppy Lips Omg!!  I helped my son paint his den in SW Sea Salt and depending on the time of day it turns to lilac!  Which he really, really dislikes!!  He told me recently he's going to repaint it white. 

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast... No worries if someone doesn't like something... It's all about the conversation and you can believe I don't always like everything I post either. I think when it breaks down is when someone gets downright nasty about not liking something and it's clearly not done in teasing or humorous way, but as though they actually want to demean the poster. There's no call for that, I don't think. As for this room, I don't like the wall color but do like everything else. I especially like the ceiling fixture, table and billowy white curtains. I also like the hutch and chairs, though I'd like to see the chair covered in a different fabric. I can take or leave the rug and would love to see a prettier and more upbeat wall color.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd love to see color changing wall colors.

Even exterior house colors.

There is a house in my friend's town's neighborhood.

The color changes from a tint of yellow-green to a peridot (citron green-ish), (maybe similar to Isaac's TSV Chive color), depending on the time of day.  In the morning it's one color and in the afternoon, it's the other color.  

'Cool'..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'm not often a fan of grey and I wouldn't have chosen it here... Still, I find this dining room (or what appears, perhaps, to be a 'mock-up' of a dining room...) appealing... I like the room's composition and all its elements, and interestingly enough, for me in this case, the color is secondary...

colors-3-2.jpg

I have a similar color to this on my walls, it's called Thousand Oceans by Benjamin Moore.

It ranges from Navy to Green/Blue throughout the day.

This is morning:

Day.jpg

This is night

Night Dark.jpg

Night.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I also see slate blue.  

Color sense can be funny.  I recently helped my son paint the inside of his garage. The color was Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams.  I swear I could be staring at the paint, and it would turn from a light gray to a light green.  It was kind of strange that it would flip back and forth everytime I looked at it.  It is a really pretty color, just a bit hard to describe

@Puppy Lips Omg!!  I helped my son paint his den in SW Sea Salt and depending on the time of day it turns to lilac!  Which he really, really dislikes!!  He told me recently he's going to repaint it white. 

@Elodie2 Oh Lordy, I hope that does not happen for my son.  Painting his garage (6 gallons) was a lot of work and I was the only one brave enough to go up and down the ladder to get to the top.  I was sore for days!  We are going to paint our living area soon, and I considered that color for a short minute, then axed it from my choices, lol.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I love the color gray and find this room overall, pleasing.