Honored Contributor

I’m not usually a fan of grey, and I wouldn’t usually mix greys and tans, but I like this room. It looks “real” to me instead of “staged”. I think it’s warm and inviting. I like the architecture, windows, built-ins, & fireplace. The furniture is my style too.

The 2 changes I would make:

I would still prefer a bit more color in the accessories.

I definitely need some window treatments. 

9270B546-3697-4683-94B0-47C8B853369E.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Love ❤️ this room...could use a nice picture...colorful art work above the mantle.

Honored Contributor

Love this room!  One of the few rooms ever posted here that I really like! The fireplace, the mission style furniture--it's me!!!

And I love gray on the walls.  It's what we have in our condo.

Valued Contributor

That is very nicely done! I agree @wilma , it does look "real"! 

@likeitis is there something in particular you'd put over the fireplace? Please know, I'm not asking in a snarky way! I agree, that I can visualize "something" but don't know what. I have a similar wall that has been blank because I haven't been creative enough to think of what it could use! 

Honored Contributor

I love the fireplace, architecture and the mission style table but I think the living room needs a little somethin somethin. A little color perhaps?

Honored Contributor

I would get rid of the two pictures on either side of the fireplace and just let that element soar on its own, unadorned and lovely. 

Nice room, not my style but well done!

Honored Contributor

Re: Grey & Tan Room

[ Edited ]

Very nice and inviting and comfortable looking.  See you don't need tons of pillows on the sofa; one will suffice.   I need to have some type of windown covering.  I am not one to have no coverings.  I don't want any wierdos peeking in.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I like the room as it looks very comfortable, but I would like to see another color in there to break up the monotony.  I would like to see navy blue.  Also, while I really like the feel of open windows like that, I would need some type of curtain or plantation shutters.  No peeping toms for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I like parts of the room.  With the large windows, I'd put a beautiful scene that included a lot of trees, and mountains and/or water.

I'd prefer pots of ferns and other greenery in place of the built in cabinetry.  

I would also use an interesting coffee table.  I never cared for the soft varieties of coffee tables.

A slice of cypris covered with glass or something like this.

See the source image

I'd change the chairs at the table to handmade, maybe heavy ladderbacks.

See the source image

I'd use forest green as a color in this room.

Honored Contributor

There are elements here I'd keep but overall this isn't for me, although it's a nicely done, comfortable looking room. I like all the windows, would like them even better with coverings and I like the fireplace wall. I'm not as fond of the two story nature of the room, the skylights or most of the furnishings, lighting and accessories.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...