Honored Contributor

Reminds me of the 50's or 60's.  Not my taste.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hmmmmm.........I actually HAD those chairs in the 70's

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Too 70's. In my first house, I actually had an avocado green shag

rug in the TV room with brown leather furniture. In the living room we had a gold shag rug and white and gold cut velvet furniture in the then popular Mediterranean style. We were very young and wanted what was considered stylish at the time. I was

19 when we bought our first house. I would not want avocado green or harvest gold today. Now it's oriental rugs and antique furniture.

Respected Contributor

No thank you.   That shade of green makes me look terrible, as it does to most people I know.   I do like green but a deep clear pine or kelly.  However, I wouldn't have a kitchen in it. 

On a positive note, I would love to have all that storage and counter space in my kitchen. I'd also change out the island countertop.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Certainly reminds me of the 70's  with the striped fabric . Cannot appreciate the color tiles-  avocado green or a lime green.  Compared to  the 70's typical avocado green or harvest gold kitchens, this style is updated .

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

Too 70's. In my first house, I actually had an avocado green shag

rug in the TV room with brown leather furniture. In the living room we had a gold shag rug and white and gold cut velvet furniture in the then popular Mediterranean style. We were very young and wanted what was considered stylish at the time. I was

19 when we bought our first house. I would not want avocado green or harvest gold today. Now it's oriental rugs and antique furniture.

In 1969,  we moved into our new home. My Mother decorated it Mediterranean style furniture,  textured walls ,  Spanish wood  ceiling beams  Harvest  gold appliances , brown ornate cabinets . Seems to me she had chair upholstery that was striped similar to this picture.  I laugh when I see the avocado green or Harvest gold  appliances .

Esteemed Contributor

Haha.  My first reaction was, "my eyes, my eyes!".   I detest the backsplash and the chairs, but the cabinets are coming up a soft buttery yellow on my computer so I don't mind them so much (if I could take away the shine).  

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of it as is, but color changes are easy fixes.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono I like green but this is not to my liking.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44  Harvest gold was the color of my kitchen appliances in the 70's. Now we have all white.