Esteemed Contributor

Re: Great laundry basket/tote!

Those lightweight and collapsible laundry baskets are so much easier to handle. I bought a couple of mesh collapsible containers some years ago at Walgreen's and they work well. I got rid of the plastic baskets and hard-sided containers years ago.

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1   I guess I'm a little late for the party, huh?!  😉

Esteemed Contributor

QVC used to sell those a while back .... I have 4 of them (2 large & 2 small) that I use for different things ... good product 😉

Honored Contributor

i bought this type of tote from AMZ years ago --just plain canvas and DD and i have used them for everything--we just moved from our house to an apartment and those things were our go to,  from packing food, clothes, fragile things, bulky things,  as it is so easy to carry these, than a solid box---up and down stairs--they fold down flat and store easy. 

Honored Contributor

QVC used to sell these only slightly bigger, and they are phenomenal! I can't struggle with the standard plastic laundry basket up and down the stairs anymore, and these are great for that. They stopped selling them, and I have no understanding of why.

I got more off Amazon (although I hate doing business with them, it is where I found them), and some that are smaller too. 

These are a game changer for me in moving laundry up and down stairs, and to the laundromat on the few times I have to go there.

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have a larger & smaller laundry basket. We put towels in the large one after they dry.  I don't want sour smelling towels since they sit there too long before I wash a load.

I have a laundry hamper in the bathroom we received when we got married. It's 45 years old. They used to make things to last.

The only thing wrong with it is that a little paint has come off the corner where the lid closes.

CH.png

@Nightowlz  I used to have one exactly like that except mine was brown.

I think the lid eventually came loose. Yours looks in great shape! 

@Teddie 

I also have the wall shelf, divided organizer that sits on back on top toilet tank lid plus trash can that all go together.

Can't beleive I have had all of them for 45 years & still look new. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Looks very similar to my hamper. 
They last forever. 

Honored Contributor

It's a good idea if your washer and dryer are not on the same floor as your bedrooms.  I purchased a seagrass laundry hamper on sale several years ago and it looks like new.  It has a cloth lining.  Since I am in an apt., my laundry room is across the hall.  There are two laundry rooms to each floor on each end of the building.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have a larger & smaller laundry basket. We put towels in the large one after they dry.  I don't want sour smelling towels since they sit there too long before I wash a load.

I have a laundry hamper in the bathroom we received when we got married. It's 45 years old. They used to make things to last.

The only thing wrong with it is that a little paint has come off the corner where the lid closes.

CH.png

@Nightowlz  I used to have one exactly like that except mine was brown.

I think the lid eventually came loose. Yours looks in great shape! 

@Teddie 

I also have the wall shelf, divided organizer that sits on back on top toilet tank lid plus trash can that all go together.

Can't beleive I have had all of them for 45 years & still look new. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz  Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean! Things we got when we were married are still in great condition whereas things bought afterwards have not held up! 

Super Contributor

I bought a set of clever made baskets to use as grocery bags.  Mine are much smaller but they work very well.