Honored Contributor

Re: Great find at Home Goods ... Rugs

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

I'm so sorry I didn't mean for it to come across that way☹️

Of course the cat  means more than the rug.  Just not going to use it now.  My other rugs were "ruined" from the cats ... their scratching post instead of the ones I have thru the house.

I'm just stressed over "life" right now and came across the wrong way..

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

Thank you I originally bought a similar one in Lowe's -- I know they have a nice selection of reasonably priced rugs.

Lowe's is my other fav place ... problem is then I want to do more projects😉

Honored Contributor

My daughter and I found out when we were moving a few years ago,

that Home Goods is a rug (and furniture and decorations, and dishware, china) best kept secret. We got all my rugs there, different sizes and textures, colors, styles..

The furniture selection is wondrful too because its real wood furniture, meaning not plywood or cardboard backed furniture.

This was before the virus They are hung up so you can see them and the prices are ridiculous.You can get beautiful room sized rugs for $100 or so. The people who work there are so helpful too in getting it down, in the car, etc.

@homedecor1 -

I hope your kitty does okay, and your husband too. I'm glad you got a nice rug for the future.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty rug. Nice to see your rug doesn't have the rubber backing. My DIL bought a rug about 15 years ago and placed it on their gorgeous hardwood floor. My son told her it would ruin the floor, but she didn't believe him.

It cost them a small fortune to have the floors in that eating area and the family room  completely redone and stained to match the wood throughout their home.

They now buy wool rugs for their wood floors. Lesson learned. 

I've never been in a Home Goods store, but there is one near the dealership. I'm taking my car in for an oil change soon; perhaps I'll walk over and look around.                     

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I love the color, it’s beautiful. 

I love rugs but Khloe thinks they are for her to go potty.

Khloe is potty trained and always waits until I get home to take her. If I know I will be gone for a long period I would place pee pads but she doesn’t use them, ever. So I don’t know why she uses the rugs. 

I have some pretty rugs I've had to store, with cats, dogs & grandsons it just wasn't practical.    Even with all the potty training under control, there's always an upchuck.

Respected Contributor

Looks very similar to the one my neighbor got before Christmas at HG too...she told me to go, that they had just gotten in new stock.  I need a new 5x7 in my entryway...but haven't gone to HG all year.  Maybe I'll brave it, safely, one of these days. (I get it, that lots of you ladies have been shopping these stores safely this past year.  I just keep getting news almost daily of another person I know or friends' loved ones in the hospital with Covid, and I've had family loss also, so it makes me hunker down again.) But I do miss shopping there for things I need, especially as we start cleaning house for spring!

But anyway...

It's a beauty and great price~Good for you!

Respected Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Very pretty rug for a great price!  I love to shop at Home Goods, they  have so many nice items and variety.  I haven't been to one in awhile because of the virus but once things are better, I will be a frequent shopper again.

Same here. I miss going, and there's things I need that I just don't want to buy online~can't wait until I feel safe to go back again.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I stopped at Michael's and Home Goods is in plaza.  Didn't look like it was busy so decided to stop there.

Wow! Found a perfect 5x7 rug for my living room area.  I like the distressed coloring.  Best thing it was only $49!  Brand name Safavieh and this week I'm going back to look for a 10x17.  I can't believe the great prices!

B5582924-4A96-46C4-BCC5-E928F80E2933.jpeg

@homedecor1   I really like this rug.  I moved recently and I'm looking for something like this.  Does it have a name or style number you could share?  I would love to find one like it.  Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Safaveiah rugs.  They are a reasonably priced rug that looks very high end.  Many places sell them.  Just do a Google search for Safaveiah rugs.  They're a nice quality.  I just got one for my living room.  Here's a picture of mine.

@cotton4me   @homedecor1 

9F7B11CB-30D8-49EB-98E8-2FDBE0CA7619.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s beautiful @NickNack  I love the color and it’s great to see Ava playing with her toy.