Esteemed Contributor

Re: Great Room Dining Room/Kitchen

This isn't my style so there's not much I care for in this room.  I do like the light fixtures but would rather have them in a silver tone.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Love it all!

Trusted Contributor

I like the room - except the color of the chairs & the "spoke type" light fixtures.  This type of light always reminds me of something from the Jetson's (outerspace) cartoon.  HGTV designers use various types of this light fixture often, maybe it's me, but I just don't get this style.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised I like this!

It is interesting and uplifting!Woman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Nope, nothing appeals to me. 

Even the vase of gladiolas are crammed and look awful.

I thought a great room included a seating area (not counting the dinner/dining table).  I guess not.

These rooms give me the Blahs.  lol

Honored Contributor

Eee gad take down all of those pictures on the wall!! Looks so cluttered! Hate the light too. Otherwise this 'open concept" is my house. I differentiate my first floor "rooms" by furniture placement. My house is small but looks huge inside. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Not a fan of open concept homes. This one is a bit much for me.

Honored Contributor

Too modern, and too much going on....I like the floors 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Love the space! But...

I would remove the pictures on the wall, the light fixture, and I would want different dining chairs. The green/blue tile is ok, although, I probably would have chosen something else. 

Honored Contributor

I dislike open concept, looks like a furniture showroom or convention center. I don't want to see into the kitchen from the dining room or living room. I don't want the smell of cooking wafting throughout my home and settling into draperies and pillows..