Respected Contributor

Grandmillennial Style

[ Edited ]

What are your thoughts on the fairly recent Grandmillennial Style trend?

The style is meant to be inviting, in contrast to the sleek mid-century modern style. Grandmillennial Style encompasses tradition but in a new way. It can include the classics along with small prints & large florals, blue & white porcelain, animal print, fringe, etc. Some have said it's somewhat reminiscent of  Grandmother's living room but with a fresh look.

Grandmillennials have an appreciation for the past & its classics but add some contemporary features to the look to make it their own.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

It's a no for me. I never liked the look of Grandma's living room, and the different prints do not appeal to me.

That being said I do appreciate that different people have different style and taste, and I enjoy looking at it.

Honored Contributor

I'd need to see more of it but I'd pretty much prefer anything to midcentury modern, which was ugly then and is still ugly now...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I appreciate this style.  I do not like the modern look but if mixed in with the old I can find the appeal.  I do like that couch!  My taste has always been elegance and formal. I think this style, mixing in different decor and design can work if done tastefully.

Trusted Contributor

No thank you.  

Honored Contributor

This look reminds me of the '80s. Not a fan. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Grandmillennial Style

[ Edited ]

Erin Napier from hometown is called the "queen of" or "early adopter" of Grandmillenial style.  See it here: 

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/home-town/grandmillennial-style-2020-design-trend-pictures

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  I love Home Town's style because it values the vintage and incorporates modern and enjoy their show. I've wondered how to explain my home decor style lately. It's eclectic with vintage/shabby chic?/modern. I guess maybe it's Grandmillennial!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I kind of like it. Sometimes Erin uses a little more color than I like but, all in all, I like that she is not afraid of color.  It does remind me of an updated version of grandma's house and that gives me the warm fuzzies!

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Home Town is one of my favorite decorating shows going now.  I just love how Ben and Erin react to each other and their community.