Honored Contributor

Re: Grand Bath with Wide Open Spaces...

I'm in the minority.  I hate it.  Too opulent for my taste.  I wouldn't even like that style in any room in my home.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm in the minority.  I hate it.  Too opulent for my taste.  I wouldn't even like that style in any room in my home.

@Venezia     I agree with you!    My bathrooms are "average tract home" size.   I use the john for what it's intended.....don't spend a lot of time in there...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

My favorite detail in this space is the huge window.  Looking beyond, it's hard to tell, but seems there may be glimpses of water?  The rest of the space is too "grand" for me though.  And, not really my colors.  Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE IT ...  I'll take it ... Chandelier and all !!

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty, but I'm sure the opulence of the bathroom matches the rest of the house that I could not afford.  I agree w/most posters.........need coverings on those windows!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

This is beautiful! I would still however need some sort of window covering that I could pull down when showering or bathing, as I would not feel comfortable otherwise......Otherwise though a beautiful bathroom!

@CANDLEQUEEN  It appears this looks out onto a wooded area and lake but I agree with you. Regardless of how private, I'd still want some sort of window covering and it doesn't appear there are any.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

This is quite a lovely bathroom!  However, I wouldn't feel comfortable without privacy.   I also would want a shower.  While the look is very nice, changes would have to be made for me.

@spiderw  Agree on the need for window coverings despite the isolated setting. As for the shower, look carefully, as there is a glassed in shower to the right of the photograph. Hard to see and we don't get to actually see inside the shower, but it is there and looks to be quite large.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thank you stevieb, for pointing out the shower!  Now all I need are window treatments for privacy and I'll take that lovely bathroom!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

This is quite a lovely bathroom!  However, I wouldn't feel comfortable without privacy.   I also would want a shower.  While the look is very nice, changes would have to be made for me.

@spiderw 

The double glass doors on the right are the shower.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a little too frou frou for me.  I prefer a more sleek & modern design for the decor in any room.  I do love the windows but would want something covering them for when I shower.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown