Honored Contributor

HYGGE.jpg

Does your home have hygge? 

What's the coziest spot in your house?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I'm working on it in my home, because it's a new build and not custom, it might take a while for me to get it to the cozy state that I enjoy.  It's coming along. I bought a sofa for my office, which is my personal sanctuary.  I finally found curtains that I love and my kids are painting the walls this weekend.  For me, even though it's an office, it's the coziest spot in my home.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Yes! It's a must for my soul.....

I require coziness to be a happy human being, so my home is super cozy to me.

I think that's why I perfer cold, dreary, rainy days because it's just an invitation to stay in and be cozy. 

I think lighting is very important in creating that cozy feeling so all my light switches have dimmers and I have far too may luminara candles everywhere. I also have big comfy pillows on our couch and lots of fluffy throws. 

I think it was Oprah that said "Your home should rise up to meet you" and I think mine does.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: Yes! It's a must for my soul.....

Yes, my home is full of hygge. It's a warm and happy place. It's simple and homey. 

Honored Contributor

I feel like my home is nice and cozy! Lots of pillows, sunlight, candles and a few plants. We have the kind of home that is neat and clean, but you can feel like coming in kicking off your shoes, and putting your feet up and just relaxing! Thats what we have been told anyway.

Respected Contributor

Yes!  Warm throws for chilly days, a fire in the fireplace, mugs of coffee - perfect!

Respected Contributor

My house is cozy because so many things have special meanings for me. So many pictures of Dogs, close friends and special times surround me with memories of long ago. They may be gone, but they never leave me.