Valued Contributor

Re: Good things come to those who wait ..or how I got something I had wanted for years given to me!

You put a smile on my face today! I can feel your happiness in your words!

This is awesome and unexpected! I hope you have many years of joy with the sleigh and deer! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Good things come to those who wait ..or how I got something I had wanted for years given to me!

@keeper of the koi

Oh, my goodness!  I was getting tears in my eyes as I was reading your post.  I am so, so happy for you.  That is so wonderful.  I could tell from the way you wrote that you truly loved that sleigh.  And I know that you will treasure it so much.  Every time you display it, you will feel such happiness and it will make your holiday season even more meaningful!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

thanks for sharing your wonderful story.  I am a believer in that saying "good things come..,". Whether it be from a great sale price on something or good hunting  I love when something I had my hopes on actually becomes a reality.   I am a great Hunter (shopper) and so is my DH.  My DH jokes that that is why are closets are stuffed and we can't fit another thing in the house. Lol. I am accused of being a big spender but if they only knew the things that I've acquired for peanuts.  Enjoy your holiday with your deer and sleigh.

Regular Contributor

You were in the right place at the right time.  It was meant to be yours!

I can just picture the scene.  Will you put anything in the sleigh?  

Honored Contributor

A nice story.  Maybe I will get that little farmette in the country some day afterall.  I have wanted that ever since I was a kid.  I even wrote a poem about the country in 6th grade.  I remember it word for word to this day.  My family is sick of hearing it!!!!  I am happy for you and hope it brings you much joy for this winter and the holidays!

Honored Contributor

I love your "Christmas wish story". We should have one like this every year. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I LOVE your story!  Thank You so much for sharing.   

What an awesome thing and they will know that it will have a good home, too.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I'm thrilled for you!  I think you're right about it actually being sweeter! What a wonderful story! Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

On my! Thanks so much for all the reply and hearts! I am so very happy to have that sleigh and deer!was away from boards for a while , dear sweet husband was ill.Better now and we are celebrating our 23 year anniversary today! What a wonderful life we have and had... Married life has been the biggest blessing in my life. I truly believe there is no bigger gift than to give love and be loved. Snuggled in away at our adirondack cabin , chilly  had snow earlier in the week , enjoying every minute , little Riley is here as well. Thanks again , I enjoyed telling my story. Maryanne

Trusted Contributor

What a wonderful story. I am sure you were so grateful to finally own such a treasure. It is really something in life when there is a time and place you received this great gift.