Honored Contributor

Re: Good Use of Space?

[ Edited ]

I don't care for the design of this powder room but have often seen powder rooms under stairwells and think it's a good use of space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Very useful, not to my taste, but useful.

Hope it is well insulated for sound.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Good Bones did a bathroom similar to this and they do tiny corner sinks a lot on Texas Flip & Move.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

For those of us who live in smaller homes, this is a great use of limited space. It seems like it might be a bit dark, but it's hard to tell.

Respected Contributor

Excellent use of space and I would just make sure it had really good lighting.

Esteemed Contributor

If this was the only way to get a downstairs powder room, then it's a great use of space.  The house next door has a powder room under the stairs, but the ceiling isn't slanted.  Probably uses the same amount of floor space as this one, but without the slanted ceiling, it does feel bigger.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I've seen this room concept plenty of times on various HGTV shows.  

This particular design NOPE.  Don't like the design at all esp. the weird looking sink.

Super Contributor

If this was the only place to put a half bath on the first floor, ok, but I would rather use this space for a closet for vaccum, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Tiny, dark, off the living room? I didn't see an exhaust fan and imagine every flush would be heard throughout the entire floor. Cute idea, but I'd keep looking if that home was For Sale. Think something else more suitable would come on the market. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Not enough privacy for me. Just seems too close to a main living space.