Respected Contributor

Re: Good Use of Space?

[ Edited ]

Look, a large bath for House Hunter's International.

Comparing this mirror image with the original photo shows the weird configuration of the double doors needed to close the opening.  

I dislike this use for a few reasons:  1) It  appears to open into a too public space;  2) The wide doorway exposes too much of the bathroom;  3) It feels 'desperate'; and 4) All the mixed geometric shapes just make for an ugly design.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Looks to be a very contemporary style bathroom, look like all very high end fixtures - the sink and toilet.  Mirror looks like it may have a light surrounding it and I like the neutral colors.  Flooring in the home is very nice.  Bet its contemporary thru out the entire home.  I think its quite nice.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Greyt use of a tiny, usually neglected space. Well thought out and useful.

Respected Contributor

I like it. And I'm sure there'd be many times I'd be grateful it was there!

Honored Contributor

We have a custom built-in wet bar underneath our stairwell. Would have just been wasted space so we turned it in to something useful. We get compliments all the time and I love the look! When we drew up the plans for our cottage we forgot we wanted a bar so this idea fit the bill perfectly! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Good use of space especially if there are no other bathrooms on this floor or if multiple people live in the home. While not the best location for a bathroom, it is better than not having one or going to another floor when you need a bathroom.

I do not like steps or stairs in a house.

Honored Contributor

Yes, great use of space. ...especially if that is the only one downstairs.  If you have elderly people visiting or home for the holidays, it is almost a "must have" if you want them to continue to come. 

Honored Contributor

Good use of space if there is no other powder room on that level.

A taller person might hit their head on the slanted ceiling when they get up.

Honored Contributor

Design wise, it's not bad.  I don't like the soap holder on the wall.  But that's a small detail.

I think it's an interesting use of what would probably be wasted space.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a good use of space, but if it is located next to a living room or where people gather, it wouldn't offer much privacy.  I would think twice about putting a bathroom there.