Honored Contributor

Re: Gonna try a cooking experiment today

@151949   When people are being nice to you, you turn everything around and get nasty with crude remarks.

If you are so competent, ( spelled incorrectly by you, I might add) why do you have to post about how you hope that it turns out?  Next time, just do it and be done with it.

We don't need to hear about it.  You apparently wanted comments and when you get them, you attack.  There is no pleasing you.

Esteemed Contributor

It is called indirect grilling/cooking when burners are lit only on one side. No big deal to it other than making sure the grill is hot to begin with.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Just be mindful of temperatures & cooking time.

If not hot enough, it can become an icky Bacteria Dinner.

I'm actually a very competant cook and I know how to tell when eggs are cooked through.

Obviously not that competant (sic) because experienced cooks

have been using the 1/2 grill technique for quite some time...

but with care & mindful culinary knowledge. It’s not an ‘experiment’

to them. I just don’t want someone to get sick.

Respected Contributor

Carmie I have to agree with your return comment to 151949. You know 151949 usually I stick up for you but two of your comments on here are really rude to people who respondered to your post. You did not have to be so snarky !!! Sorry to have to call you out on this but even I felt bad for the posters. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@151949   When people are being nice to you, you turn everything around and get nasty with crude remarks.

If you are so competent, ( spelled incorrectly by you, I might add) why do you have to post about how you hope that it turns out?  Next time, just do it and be done with it.

We don't need to hear about it.  You apparently wanted comments and when you get them, you attack.  There is no pleasing you.

@Carmie, I couldn't have said it any better; standing ovation to you.

Respected Contributor

Summer heat is why I use the Instant Pot, Cooks Essential 11 n 1, and my air fryer so much during the summer. I don't want the extra heat in these deep south summers either. It really does make a difference. I've got a grill now and use that as well after that side of my house is shaded in the evenings.
Honored Contributor

My DH got the grill up to 350 degrees and I put it in there with the heat on the opposite side. Cooked it beautifully in 20 min - same as the oven.

Esteemed Contributor

@carmine, now i see what some posters are talking about. This was going so well and then BOOM. What did you say that was so wrong? I usually got upset when people picked on the OP, but now I see first hand. Now I will keep my mouth shut.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04  This was a mild episode from her. I have been the brunt of her anger many times.  Then when her comments are removed by the mods, I get accused of reporting her. I have never reported her.

No one does anything to deserve it.  It is a unique personality trait, I suppose.

No worries.  I can handle myself.  Everyone has reasons for acting the way they do, even if we don't understand it.  All is forgiven...it's over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cater wrote:

Carmie I have to agree with your return comment to 151949. You know 151949 usually I stick up for you but two of your comments on here are really rude to people who respondered to your post. You did not have to be so snarky !!! Sorry to have to call you out on this but even I felt bad for the posters. 

@cater@Carmie   She's a competant (sic) cook, although not a gracious one.  She also never thanks anyone who answers a question or tries to help her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment