Esteemed Contributor

Re: Goldtone Hardware in Guest Bath

I don't care for it.  It is too garish and bright for the other colors.  The tile, wallpaper and mirror are too busy for me.

Respected Contributor

I love gold accents in certain fabrics, or items, as they play well with rustic earth tones I favor, but I dislike goldtone hardware.

In this pic, it really doesn't seem to work well at all. In fact, the tub tile doesn't seem to compliment the rest of the room either. Maybe it would show better in person.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes; I like it. It gives off an old fashioned, kind of mid century modern vibe.

Esteemed Contributor

Not especially.

Valued Contributor

OMG it is horrible!! Especially that monstrosity in the bathtub! I'd rip it out ASAP!! But I have a super strong aversion to goldtone hardware or accents on anything. Personal pet peave & strong dislike!
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I have mixed feelings about this one.  I like the goldtone on the wall and cabinets but not in the bathtub.  I really like the wall paper.

Honored Contributor

Hate it.  Our house was built in the 80's.  The Master bath had all gold fixtures and carpet on the floor AND up the side of the large Jacuzzi tub.  We replaced the carpet with tile and a faux marble that matched the vanities and added a step for the tub in the faux marble.  Finally, several years later I decided to change out the fixtures.  Big problem in that the spout for the tub is huge, and it seems nobody makes them that long anymore.  Because the tub has a extra space around it, if the spout is any shorter, the water won't go in the tub.  So, I ended up changing out everything else with brushed nickel with gold accents.  

Trusted Contributor

I like it. But then I'm a fan of the older polished brass finish which we used to call Williamsburg brass. I still have some polished brass in my home, but I have other metal finishes as well including antique brass, oil rubbed bronze, and stainless in kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

No i am not a fan of that tone of gold---if it were a little more burnished, then maybe---

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd select shiny bright gold tone hardware for my bath or kitchen. It's just too garish for me. It might be better if it was burnished. It looks better on the cabinet drawer pulls than the shower IMO. 

As for the bathroom, I don't think anything really goes together, it looks like a mish mash of things to me. The cabinet and shower curtain are ok, but I don't like the rest of it.