Esteemed Contributor

EAB59F96-1227-4ACB-B941-FD005335B40F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Going for the bird feeder

@godi 

Very nice to see the Sweet Deer in your yard.  Such cute, gentle animals.

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

EAB59F96-1227-4ACB-B941-FD005335B40F.jpeg

My bird feeder sits on top of one pipe fits into another pipe, a hole drilled in them, which a long screw is put into them. when the one with the feeder on, is hoisted up in the air and the screw is inserted in the holes, it sits high by the trees.. The deer was cleaning my feeders out, this solved the problem. also squirrels don't climb it because we put oil up so far and they slide off. Birdfeed is too expensive to let the deer lick the feeder clean. My feeder looks like yours. My son bullt an   L shape, out of scrap wood, put a screw on the end of the L at the bottom end, we buy bags of corn on the cob in Fall ,and he screws the cob on the screw, the squirrels have a place to sit and eat the corn and don't bother the feeders. They are really enjoyable to watch. We have 2 of them.

Respected Contributor

I wake up every morning with 2 or 3 that are asleep in my yard. Yes they are cute, but there are flowers I can't have anymore because they eat them to the ground, also they leave me presents, I have to shovel every day. They are not really gentle, get near one and he or she will stomp a foot at you, to back off.My yard is surrounded with bushes, for privacy, it was for me, but they like it too. I don't know how to post pictures but if I did, I could show you Mama brings her twins every afternoon and leaves them for me to babysit, then comes back at everning and gets them. I do enjoy them  though,

@sceniccoast wrote:

@godi 

Very nice to see the Sweet Deer in your yard.  Such cute, gentle animals.

Respected Contributor

@godi  Looks like they are social distancing on their date night.  Can't wait to see when they have a family.  Thank you for helping to keep them healthy and happy. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

CUTE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”