Honored Contributor

Re: Gnomes, aren't they just adorable?

For me, that's a gnope.

Trusted Contributor

My husband built this from the stump after a tree blew over in our yard. In the summer there are gnomes out there but they are put away for the winter now. 20200516_081615.jpg

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu 

Your husband is very clever and did a great job of making something out of nothing.  I love the little broken stone path, the fence and all the details.

It would make me happy every time I looked at it.

When the gnomes come out, please post another photo!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I will tell my husband that you appreciate his work. It does make me smile when I walk by. One of our neighbors also told him that when she goes by on her walks she enjoys seeing it. Right now he is working on his winter project which is making a guitar. Actually he is putting the finishing touches on last years guitar. So far he has made three.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu 

What a talented man!

Does he play the guitars or pass them along?

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman  He does play the guitars. He has played for many many years. For the last 20 plus years he has sung in a trio. They do benefit concerts at no cost for many worthy causes. It's a win win as they love to sing and they can do good for others at the same time. All three of them were once members of a well known boys choir from the time they were seven through their teen years. He is very talented but also extremely modest about his talents. Most people don't know anything about them.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@abbalulu 

My fault for asking, but...thanks for answering.

If I could have an artistic gift, it would be to sing and play a guitar...in my next life I want to be Stevie Nicks or Sade. 

Either will do Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

My brother had one, he called him Bob and Bob traveled the country with him when he would transfer jobs and job sites.

When he passed away Bob was cremated with him.