Honored Contributor

Re: Globetrotting Owners' Townhome

Not a fan of the decor in this home. I could live with the office...that's about it.

Honored Contributor

My eyes don’t like any of the pictures.   

Honored Contributor

Love, love, love the space, many of the furnishings, and the great bones of the flat.  Oriental decor ~ yes please, I could be very happy there with some color changes, and loss of the green carpet.

Thanks for sharing @lolakimono.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Ugh!! It has EVERY current design trend that screams 2018.

I guarantee that in about a year's time, they will be bored with it and have to re-deorate with whatever is current trend in 2019-20.

Which is OK if you have the money and want a change every year.

While I'm not opposed to decorating trends (I have some in my home) doing an entire home in the "style of the moment" is so boring, unimaginative, and tells me the owner or designer is a follower rather than thinking for themselves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look like rooms from a nice boutique hotel... Nicely done, but not for me... I do like the green carpet runner on the staircase... The first several pictures definitely have a lobby vibe... This is not a house in which I would feel at home...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Way too dark for me.   I wonder if they'll get around to hanging the rest of the pictures when they get back from their next trip.   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Overall it is nice. Don't like the green carpet. Would change some things. It does feel like a suite in a hotel.

Respected Contributor

Seriously a NO for me!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Way to dark for me. Am sure they love and enjoy it. Like the office.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I absolutely love it ... I don't see a woman's hand in this decorating scheme at all ... more a male interior designer designing for what a male executive (not necessarily a globe-trotting one, either) might like.

It appeals to my sense of symmetry and style ... gorgeous!