Honored Contributor

Glittered Fern Garland By Valerie

H192853

Set of 2 5' Glitter Fern Garlands by Valerie

Set of 2 5 Glitter Fern Garlands by Valerie These are on last clicks for $10.28 in Champagne.  I've had these for a few years and used them on a tree. I think they are pretty and have held up well for me.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Glittered Fern Garland By Valerie

Good morning, @lucymo.  I remember these from way back! 

Reading reviews, some say they are very very gold, while others say they are definitely champagne.  What do you think?  I don't need these and can't think of where I would use them at the moment, but this is a very good price, so I'm considering a set.

I wish there was a video or perhaps items presented during that time that might have a video showing them on set, but these go way back to 2011 according to review dates. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting these.  I always wanted to try them out, but not at the original price.  I ordered one because I can cut it apart to use in ways other than a garland if I don't like it as a garland.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Good morning, @lucymo.  I remember these from way back! 

Reading reviews, some say they are very very gold, while others say they are definitely champagne.  What do you think?  I don't need these and can't think of where I would use them at the moment, but this is a very good price, so I'm considering a set.

I wish there was a video or perhaps items presented during that time that might have a video showing them on set, but these go way back to 2011 according to review dates. 

@SHOPR  The garlands that I have are a soft gold or champagne.  They are not that bright, brassy gold.  As @Marsha2003 said, they would be great to cut up for vignettes, etc.  I only used them on a tree but am not going to do as many trees this year so may find other uses for these.  The price is good for them if you think you can use them. 

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Thanks for posting these.  I always wanted to try them out, but not at the original price.  I ordered one because I can cut it apart to use in ways other than a garland if I don't like it as a garland.

@Marsha2003,  You did remember that you get two garlands, right?  I think for $5 per garland they would be well worth the money to use in lots of ways. Please post back with your ideas as I'll be looking for new ways to use mine.  I have four(2 sets).

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @lucymo, for the description.  I have ordered one set of two.  I'm with you, the price is good.  I've been picking up quite a few things from QVC this year at greatly reduced prices.  Just last week, a clear lit beaded garland showed up as-is, H280386, for $7.75 + 3.00 s&h.  It is perfect.  I never saw another one show up and that is why I didn't post about it.  It actually seems to be a slightly different item than shown, because it has the clear leaves and larger teardrops on it. 

I wonder if QVC may be doing something like cleaning out older samples or set supplies, because I have seen a few older items show up out of the blue for a few weeks now. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks, @lucymo, for the description.  I have ordered one set of two.  I'm with you, the price is good.  I've been picking up quite a few things from QVC this year at greatly reduced prices.  Just last week, a clear lit beaded garland showed up as-is, H280386, for $7.75 + 3.00 s&h.  It is perfect.  I never saw another one show up and that is why I didn't post about it.  It actually seems to be a slightly different item than shown, because it has the clear leaves and larger teardrops on it. 

I wonder if QVC may be doing something like cleaning out older samples or set supplies, because I have seen a few older items show up out of the blue for a few weeks now. 

@SHOPR  It does seem like a lot of the old items are miraculously appearing from wherever they've been hiding.  I think you'll find uses for these and not a lot of money spent.  I hope you love them.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo I will post back once I see them in person and have a better feel for the material.  I was thinking that the will look good in lanterns and tucked into greenery for a bit of low key sparkle.

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone is interested in a champagne glittered tree with a lacy leaf design that is similar to these VPH garlands, check at Big Lots.  I mentioned them on the BL thread and showed a photo, but here is a closeup showing the leaf design.  Hopefully it is clear enough to see:

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/Miscellaneous/105_4577_zpsse6oi86b.jpg?t=1443977054

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

If anyone is interested in a champagne glittered tree with a lacy leaf design that is similar to these VPH garlands, check at Big Lots.  I mentioned them on the BL thread and showed a photo, but here is a closeup showing the leaf design.  Hopefully it is clear enough to see:

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/Miscellaneous/105_4577_zpsse6oi86b.jpg?t=1443977054

@SHOPR You are right, SHOPR, looks a lot like the garlands.  Color may be a little more gold than garlands but could be light on the glitter.  You may be able to create something really pretty with all that when you get the garlands.  I probably would have grabbed the white tree instead / in addition to.  lol