Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

What do they use for insulation?

@Desertdi   Double or triple paned glass?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Just too much glass.  The rain would do a number on it.  I must admit that way out here, I have gotten lax with drawing the coverings at night.  I can understand no comings now.

Super Contributor

I I lived in a house very similar to the first house pictured, pool and all, in Connecticut.  We had electric window treatments we Loved that house! 

Honored Contributor

I could never live in one!!  I like my privacy way too much.  I would be happy in a windowless house.  My parents built one of the first ranch homes in the area with corner picture windows in the dining room and in the master bedroom  on the opposite side with a huge picture window in between in the living room and picture windows in the other 2 bedrooms.   Way too little privacy.

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

I I lived in a house very similar to the first house pictured, pool and all, in Connecticut.  We had electric window treatments we Loved that house! 

Which town?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624     Yeah!   Triple pane to intensify the sun!    It's 113° right now..........instant mummification.   Wouldn't have to complain about my cold feet any more........      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@wilma   Only if they make one way glass where I can see out but no one can see in.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

You would need a full time window cleaner.  I'm assuming it's a power washing type of cleaning, but I can't imagine keeping that clean.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624     Yeah!   Triple pane to intensify the sun!    It's 113° right now..........instant mummification.   Wouldn't have to complain about my cold feet any more........      di

@Desertdi    Tint, lots of tint.

113° huh, have you warmed up yet?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Glass Houses

[ Edited ]

Not a fan of most modern architecture so find none of those in the OP appealing. About as 'into' glass houses as I get is some (very limited) mid-century architecture, along the lines of the house pictured below, and that's as long as the dreadful mid-century furniture doesn't come with the house...

gh.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...